AW: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA - Movie Trailer

  • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
      Just watched the trailer, and what I thought when I read all the reports and
      opinions about the movie came true.

      It seems that the story has been changed. I got the impression that Dirk and
      Al (the actor for Al Giordino was indeed a very poor choice) don't
      investigate the source of toxic waste led into the nile river and the sea by
      African-French industry moguls but rather go on a treasure hunt to prove
      that a civil war ship containing a war treasure sailed from the US to
      Africa.

      So, where does that leave us? A treasure hunt in the sahara desert, complete
      with Indiana Jones - like underground caves, lots of shooting with machine
      guns and rocket launchers, helicopter attacks, lots of pyrotechnics and very
      little underwater action? As I surmised, it seems that the story wasn't as
      important as action and effects. Well, I don't want to sound too pessimistic
      but as a Dirk Pitt fan who was hooked by the Sahara book til the end I'm
      afraid the movie will not reach the quality of the novel...

      Pete

      -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
        Does anyone know if Perlmutter or Yeager are even
        going to be in the movie? I checked imdb.com and their
        names are not listed in the cast.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
          Tim,
          Read the book first. Then you'll see that the movie did not do it justice.
          Clive himself is very disheartened about how that movie turned out. That's
          why he
          wanted more control in the making of Sahara. But I don't think he was able
          to control
          as much as he wanted. Read his books. You'll get hooked.

          Nancy in Utah with sunshine on the snow

          Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

          Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
          as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
          dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

          Check out the trailer here

          http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
          dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

          Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
          original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

          MW

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

        • Tim Hunt

            Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

            Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
            as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
            dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

            Check out the trailer here

            http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
            dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

            Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
            original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

            MW

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
              That's great, Tim
              I buy a lot of books at extremely reasonable costs on www.half.com Great
              way to get a lot of books by one author.

              Nancy

              Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

              Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
              as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
              dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

              Check out the trailer here

              http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
              dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

              Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
              original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

              MW

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

            • lizard_tbone
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
                I rented the movie Titanic years and go and actually liked it. Not
                that I'm saying it was great, but it certainly wasn't the worst thing
                I've ever seen.

                As for who they chose for Al... I'll have to agree, they could have
                picked someone better. That is certainly not how I pictured Al. I'm
                thinking Italian and that guy certainly doesn't look like a muscled
                Italian.

                Also, that link posted for the Trailer, I kept getting a blank page.
                If people have that same problem, here's another link.
                http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/sahara/sahara_large.html

                Whether the movie is going to be good, great, or not, I'm just excited
                to see it done and can't wait to see it. Opening night, I will be there.

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, wask21 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > The book was GREAT! The movie was a little boring as I recall, I
                just caught it on late
                > night a couple years ago.
                >

                > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hunt <thuntt3@y...>
                wrote:
                > > So the movie "Raise the Titantic" was very borning ? The book was
                ok though ?

                > > Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@c...> wrote:Great clip!
                > > Looks like it will be out late spring?
                > > Hints of Indiana Jones....
                > > Yes, I've got the move "Raise the Titanic" -- very long, very
                boring, but
                > > the sound track is wonderful.
                > > Found the sound track after about 8 yrs of looking!
                > >
                > > Nancy buried in 3 feet of snow in Utah

                Service.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 16, 2005
                  I have tried to download the trailer and all I get is sound no
                  picture I tried both links that you guys sent me no luck, any ideas?
                  I have read DuBrull very good, and DeMille is very good too. I like
                  the ones with John Corey in them I saw he just came out with another
                  one with Corey in it. I will put it on my list after "Black Wind"
                  Baba

                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone