AW: [Clive Cussler fan club] Steve Zahn = Bad Fit for Al

  • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
      Oh yes, I agree!
      That's what's one of the things that make Cussler's books so attractive for
      me. Dirk is so modest he equally shares his praise and glory with his buddy
      Al. And Al Giordino is a guy who'd do to ride the river with anytime. A true
      friend who'd go thru hell for Pitt and everyone in need of help. Especially
      in those books where Cussler describes what Al has done with the submersible
      and the underwater vehicles he's developed, he drags Al Giodino in the
      foreground and focuses on him. I equally like Dirk and Al, and I have ever
      since I've read "Vixen 03".

      If there ever should be a novel focusing on Al Giordino, I think it will
      have to contain more of Al's romantic exploits into the world of women. He's
      a womanizer and a romantic and thats to be considered if a novel should
      describe his adventures.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
        Pete,
        The old movie "Flight of the Phoenix" is being remade. I just hope it isn't
        released at the same time as "Sahara." Because it will overshadow one of
        the most exciting scenes from Sahara.

        Nancy

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
          I didn't like "Flight of the Phoenix" - it was too long and too boring for
          my taste. However, I'd have preferred if they had chosen an excellent novel
          like "Atlantis found" for a Dirk Pitt movie. That one was a rollercoaster
          ride of action with an ice-cold arch villain, if there ever was one... There
          are so many movies with exotic locations like the Sahara desert, but not
          that many with settings in the antarctica...

          Pete

          I think Zahn was a bad choice also. I guess we'll just
          have to wait and see when the movie comes out. He
          definitely doesn't look like Dr Cussler's description
          of Al. I hope he is not there just for comic relief.
          Al is one of my favorite characters. In the books you
          always get the impression that Al is just as capable
          as Pitt. I have thought for along time that a book
          with Giordino as the main character would be just as
          interesting as the Dirk Pitt or Kurt Austin books, or
          even better a story with Zavala & Giordino as the main
          characters.

          http://my.yahoo.com

          Service.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
            Pete,
            Now would be the time for an antartic movie! Could be filmed right here in
            Utah! VBG

            Nancy where we have 3 feet of snow; dogs were walking over the fence, so
            hubby had to trench
            along the fence to keep these doggies in their yard!

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

          • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
              Nancy.

              what about the scorching heat in summer, and you sit in a theater and watch
              an antarctic movie?

              Think about that.

              I envy you for your snow. We've had temps in the upper 20s this past week...

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
                Pete,
                In the summer, it would be refreshing to see such a movie. But not now!!!
                LOL
                I get cold just thinking about it. Gonna have to get a hot cup of coffee!

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
                  Yes, Atlantis Found would have been a good one to make a movie of
                  because of it's setting. Some movie scenes seem to be over used, so
                  something fresh would be nice.

                  Service.

                • wask21
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 14, 2005
                    "And Al Giordino is a guy who'd do to ride the river with anytime"

                    That is an expression that is pretty much associated with one really
                    well known author, anyone know who? Im betting that Justin does.

                    Im a big fan of his, I figure Im not the only one (I'll give you a
                    hint, he has millions of westerns in print today.)
                  • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 15, 2005
                      William W. Johnstone used that phrase very often. I love his books. He
                      passed away last April.

                      I don't know if Louis L'Amour ever used that term...

                      Pete

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 15, 2005
                        Yeah, I was thinking of Louis L'amour. I think it is in every book he
                        ever wrote! haha. There is even one of the Sackett trilogy that bears
                        that name....

                        LL is right there for #1 with Clive in my book... I could go on, but
                        that is for another group... haha

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 15, 2005
                          I entirely agree - Louis L'Amour is possibly the very best western writer
                          ever, and his Sackett series is the best western series, closely followed by
                          the William W. Johnstone western series.

                          Pete

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 16, 2005
                            OK I got it, just went to Yahoo movies and saw it there. and I agree
                            Zahn is a bad fit for Al. Al is a stocky Italian I think that was he
                            was descibed in one if the books as a beer keg with arms and legs
                            and just as strong. not a comedy sidekick but a man that would
                            follow Dirk into a volcano with no questions asked and ready to back
                            Dirk up in a fight or take the fight himself. but I will hold futher
                            judgement till I see it on March 25th. but the script is one that CC
                            did not approve of. but it has to be better than "Raise the Titanic"
                            Baba

                            wrote:
                            > > William W. Johnstone used that phrase very often. I love his
                            books. He
                            > > passed away last April.
                            > >
                            > > I don't know if Louis L'Amour ever used that term...
                            > >
                            > > Pete

                            Terms of