Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA - Movie Trailer

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 13, 2005
      Great clip!
      Looks like it will be out late spring?
      Hints of Indiana Jones....
      Yes, I've got the move "Raise the Titanic" -- very long, very boring, but
      the sound track is wonderful.
      Found the sound track after about 8 yrs of looking!

      Nancy buried in 3 feet of snow in Utah

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
          The book was GREAT! The movie was a little boring as I recall, I just caught it on late
          night a couple years ago.

        • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
            Just watched the trailer, and what I thought when I read all the reports and
            opinions about the movie came true.

            It seems that the story has been changed. I got the impression that Dirk and
            Al (the actor for Al Giordino was indeed a very poor choice) don't
            investigate the source of toxic waste led into the nile river and the sea by
            African-French industry moguls but rather go on a treasure hunt to prove
            that a civil war ship containing a war treasure sailed from the US to
            Africa.

            So, where does that leave us? A treasure hunt in the sahara desert, complete
            with Indiana Jones - like underground caves, lots of shooting with machine
            guns and rocket launchers, helicopter attacks, lots of pyrotechnics and very
            little underwater action? As I surmised, it seems that the story wasn't as
            important as action and effects. Well, I don't want to sound too pessimistic
            but as a Dirk Pitt fan who was hooked by the Sahara book til the end I'm
            afraid the movie will not reach the quality of the novel...

            Pete

            -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
            The book was GREAT! The movie was a little boring as I recall, I just
            caught it on late
            night a couple years ago.

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hunt <thuntt3@y...> wrote:
            > So the movie "Raise the Titantic" was very borning ? The book was ok
            though ?

            > Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@c...> wrote:Great clip!
            > Looks like it will be out late spring?
            > Hints of Indiana Jones....
            > Yes, I've got the move "Raise the Titanic" -- very long, very boring,
            but
            > the sound track is wonderful.
            > Found the sound track after about 8 yrs of looking!
            >
            > Nancy buried in 3 feet of snow in Utah

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Jerry Matthews
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
              Does anyone know if Perlmutter or Yeager are even
              going to be in the movie? I checked imdb.com and their
              names are not listed in the cast.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
                Tim,
                Read the book first. Then you'll see that the movie did not do it justice.
                Clive himself is very disheartened about how that movie turned out. That's
                why he
                wanted more control in the making of Sahara. But I don't think he was able
                to control
                as much as he wanted. Read his books. You'll get hooked.

                Nancy in Utah with sunshine on the snow

                  Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

                  Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
                  as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
                  dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

                  Check out the trailer here

                  http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
                  dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

                  Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
                  original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

                  MW

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
                    That's great, Tim
                    I buy a lot of books at extremely reasonable costs on www.half.com Great
                    way to get a lot of books by one author.

                    Nancy

                    Watch this trailer and tell me what you think?

                    Matthew McConehey (I know that isnt spelled right) doesnt sem as bad
                    as it once did. Im afraid that Al thought is a bad casting job, but I
                    dont want to pass judgement, we will have to wait and see.

                    Check out the trailer here

                    http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist
                    dll?id=1314619&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

                    Post your comments here, at least we know it must be better than the
                    original Raise the Titanic movie! Did anyone actually see that?

                    MW

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

                  • lizard_tbone
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
                      I rented the movie Titanic years and go and actually liked it. Not
                      that I'm saying it was great, but it certainly wasn't the worst thing
                      I've ever seen.

                      As for who they chose for Al... I'll have to agree, they could have
                      picked someone better. That is certainly not how I pictured Al. I'm
                      thinking Italian and that guy certainly doesn't look like a muscled
                      Italian.

                      Also, that link posted for the Trailer, I kept getting a blank page.
                      If people have that same problem, here's another link.
                      http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/sahara/sahara_large.html

                      Whether the movie is going to be good, great, or not, I'm just excited
                      to see it done and can't wait to see it. Opening night, I will be there.

                      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, wask21 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                      > The book was GREAT! The movie was a little boring as I recall, I
                      just caught it on late
                      > night a couple years ago.
                      >

                      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hunt <thuntt3@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > > So the movie "Raise the Titantic" was very borning ? The book was
                      ok though ?

                      > > Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@c...> wrote:Great clip!
                      > > Looks like it will be out late spring?
                      > > Hints of Indiana Jones....
                      > > Yes, I've got the move "Raise the Titanic" -- very long, very
                      boring, but
                      > > the sound track is wonderful.
                      > > Found the sound track after about 8 yrs of looking!
                      > >
                      > > Nancy buried in 3 feet of snow in Utah

                      Service.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 16, 2005
                        I have tried to download the trailer and all I get is sound no
                        picture I tried both links that you guys sent me no luck, any ideas?
                        I have read DuBrull very good, and DeMille is very good too. I like
                        the ones with John Corey in them I saw he just came out with another
                        one with Corey in it. I will put it on my list after "Black Wind"
                        Baba

                        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, lizard_tbone