Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Order ?

  • Tim Hunt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
      Thank you Kathy... it is great to hear the opinions of all the readers... I have a feeling I am going to start asking all the questions in here now.... haha

      flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@...> wrote:
      Hi Tim, and welcome to the group with great taste! :) I don't post
      here much, but I've read all of Mr. Cussler's books, many of them
      several times. The first book I read was "Inca Gold", because I
      read a rave review somewhere, and the "Inca" part caught my eye, as
      I've always had an interest in civilizations such as the Incas,
      Mayans, Aztecs, etc. I fell in love with the book immediately, and
      promptly began compulsively collecting the rest of his books. Inca
      Gold is still my favorite.

      The list below is a great start. You don't have to read the books
      in order, but it's kind of nice to be able to do that, too. And
      let's not forget the series other than the Dirk Pitt Adventures. I
      personally am a big fan of the Kurt Austin series (mostly because I
      just adore the character of Joe Zavala!), and the Oregon Files are
      growing on me, too. I'm almost finished with "Black Wind", which
      I'm enjoying very much, but I'm waiting for the 'connection' to the
      characters of Dirk Jr, Summer, and Jack. Maybe that will happen
      over the course of further adventures, I don't know.

      There are also some non-fiction "Sea Hunters" books by Mr. Cussler
      which are fascinating. I hope you get a chance to read them all!

      Kathy

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Matthews

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
        welcome Tim I started reading to help me quit smoking about 9 years
        ago. I picked up "Pacific Vortex" at a garage sale for 25 cents and
        was hooked i read them in order, and about every 2 years I reread
        them in order. "Black Wind" is on my self its the next book I read.
        And I havent smoked since
        Baba

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hunt"
        <thuntt3@y...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > My name is Tim and I am new to the group. I just started reading
        > Atlantis Found and I love it ! However I am wondering if I should
        be
        > starting to read the books from the beginning. I have looked on
        many
        > sites but I have not found the order of when the books were
        written.
        > Can anyone help me w/ this ? Do they need to be read in order ?
        >
        > Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you.
        >
        > Tim Hunt
      • Tim Hunt
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
          That is a great story baba ! Thank you for sharing.