Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Order ?

  • Tim Hunt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
      That is good to know Nancy, Thank you... And I am so sorry about the snow. For some reason in Columbus Ohio it got up to 60 degrees yesterday. Very out of the ordinary. 2 weeks ago we had 2 feet of snow on the ground.

      Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:Tim,
      By all means, enjoy all of Clive Cussler's books. You don't have to read
      them in order, but occasionally he does make mention of previous events in
      previous books. I do believe in the opening pages of any of his books, the
      oldest novel is listed first. We've read every one of his books and they
      all stay on our shelf.
      They are such that they are worth reading over and over.

      Nancy in Utah, with better than 3 feet of snow outside my door

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
        You know, for some reason those two books have caught my eye... I have really been interested in looking at those first. (don't ask me why) I have heard those are the two best books.

        Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
        II.
        Both worth reading.

        Nancy

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
          Thank you Kathy... it is great to hear the opinions of all the readers... I have a feeling I am going to start asking all the questions in here now.... haha

          flutefacekk <KathyKirchner@...> wrote:
          Hi Tim, and welcome to the group with great taste! :) I don't post
          here much, but I've read all of Mr. Cussler's books, many of them
          several times. The first book I read was "Inca Gold", because I
          read a rave review somewhere, and the "Inca" part caught my eye, as
          I've always had an interest in civilizations such as the Incas,
          Mayans, Aztecs, etc. I fell in love with the book immediately, and
          promptly began compulsively collecting the rest of his books. Inca
          Gold is still my favorite.

          The list below is a great start. You don't have to read the books
          in order, but it's kind of nice to be able to do that, too. And
          let's not forget the series other than the Dirk Pitt Adventures. I
          personally am a big fan of the Kurt Austin series (mostly because I
          just adore the character of Joe Zavala!), and the Oregon Files are
          growing on me, too. I'm almost finished with "Black Wind", which
          I'm enjoying very much, but I'm waiting for the 'connection' to the
          characters of Dirk Jr, Summer, and Jack. Maybe that will happen
          over the course of further adventures, I don't know.

          There are also some non-fiction "Sea Hunters" books by Mr. Cussler
          which are fascinating. I hope you get a chance to read them all!

          Kathy

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Matthews

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
            welcome Tim I started reading to help me quit smoking about 9 years
            ago. I picked up "Pacific Vortex" at a garage sale for 25 cents and
            was hooked i read them in order, and about every 2 years I reread
            them in order. "Black Wind" is on my self its the next book I read.
            And I havent smoked since
            Baba

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hunt"
            <thuntt3@y...> wrote:

            > Hello everyone,
            >
            > My name is Tim and I am new to the group. I just started reading
            > Atlantis Found and I love it ! However I am wondering if I should
            be
            > starting to read the books from the beginning. I have looked on
            many
            > sites but I have not found the order of when the books were
            written.
            > Can anyone help me w/ this ? Do they need to be read in order ?
            >
            > Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you.
            >
            > Tim Hunt
          • Tim Hunt
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
              That is a great story baba ! Thank you for sharing.