AW: [Clive Cussler fan club] Order ?

  • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
      The first one I read was "Vixen 03", and it was great. Then, I decided I
      have to read all of Clive Cussler's books, and so far, I've read all of them
      except Trojan Odyssey and Black Wind. And I enjoyed them very much. As a
      fellow writer of pulp fiction in germany, I must say that for me Clive
      Cussler is simply the best adventure/thriller writer there is today.

      Great reading!

      Pete

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
        There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
        II.
        Both worth reading.

        Nancy

        I think this is the order they were published, but
        Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
        read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
        and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
        haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

        http://my.yahoo.com

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

      • flutefacekk
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
          Hi Tim, and welcome to the group with great taste! :) I don't post
          here much, but I've read all of Mr. Cussler's books, many of them
          several times. The first book I read was "Inca Gold", because I
          read a rave review somewhere, and the "Inca" part caught my eye, as
          I've always had an interest in civilizations such as the Incas,
          Mayans, Aztecs, etc. I fell in love with the book immediately, and
          promptly began compulsively collecting the rest of his books. Inca
          Gold is still my favorite.

          The list below is a great start. You don't have to read the books
          in order, but it's kind of nice to be able to do that, too. And
          let's not forget the series other than the Dirk Pitt Adventures. I
          personally am a big fan of the Kurt Austin series (mostly because I
          just adore the character of Joe Zavala!), and the Oregon Files are
          growing on me, too. I'm almost finished with "Black Wind", which
          I'm enjoying very much, but I'm waiting for the 'connection' to the
          characters of Dirk Jr, Summer, and Jack. Maybe that will happen
          over the course of further adventures, I don't know.

          There are also some non-fiction "Sea Hunters" books by Mr. Cussler
          which are fascinating. I hope you get a chance to read them all!

          Kathy

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Matthews
          <hjm8163@y...> wrote:
          > 1.Mediterranean Caper
          > 2.Iceberg
          > 3.Raise the Titanic
          > 4.Vixen 03
          > 5.Night Probe
          > 6.Pacific Vortex
          > 7.Deep Six
          > 8.Cyclops
          > 9.Treasure
          > 10.Dragon
          > 11.Sahara
          > 12.Inca Gold
          > 13.Shockwave
          > 14.Flood Tide
          > 15.Serpent
          > 16.Atlantis Found
          > 17.Valhalla Rising
          > 18.Trojan Odyssey
          > 19.Black Wind
          >
          > I think this is the order they were published, but
          > Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
          > read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
          > and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
          > haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

          > http://my.yahoo.com
        • Tim Hunt

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
              That is good to know Nancy, Thank you... And I am so sorry about the snow. For some reason in Columbus Ohio it got up to 60 degrees yesterday. Very out of the ordinary. 2 weeks ago we had 2 feet of snow on the ground.

              Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:Tim,
              By all means, enjoy all of Clive Cussler's books. You don't have to read
              them in order, but occasionally he does make mention of previous events in
              previous books. I do believe in the opening pages of any of his books, the
              oldest novel is listed first. We've read every one of his books and they
              all stay on our shelf.
              They are such that they are worth reading over and over.

              Nancy in Utah, with better than 3 feet of snow outside my door

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                You know, for some reason those two books have caught my eye... I have really been interested in looking at those first. (don't ask me why) I have heard those are the two best books.

                Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
                II.
                Both worth reading.

                Nancy

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                  Thank you Kathy... it is great to hear the opinions of all the readers... I have a feeling I am going to start asking all the questions in here now.... haha

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                    welcome Tim I started reading to help me quit smoking about 9 years
                    ago. I picked up "Pacific Vortex" at a garage sale for 25 cents and
                    was hooked i read them in order, and about every 2 years I reread
                    them in order. "Black Wind" is on my self its the next book I read.
                    And I havent smoked since
                    Baba

                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hunt"
                    <thuntt3@y...> wrote:

                    > Hello everyone,
                    >
                    > My name is Tim and I am new to the group. I just started reading
                    > Atlantis Found and I love it ! However I am wondering if I should
                    be
                    > starting to read the books from the beginning. I have looked on
                    many
                    > sites but I have not found the order of when the books were
                    written.
                    > Can anyone help me w/ this ? Do they need to be read in order ?
                    >
                    > Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you.
                    >
                    > Tim Hunt
                  • Tim Hunt
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                      That is a great story baba ! Thank you for sharing.