Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Order ?

  • Jerry Matthews
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
      1.Mediterranean Caper
      2.Iceberg
      3.Raise the Titanic
      4.Vixen 03
      5.Night Probe
      6.Pacific Vortex
      7.Deep Six
      8.Cyclops
      9.Treasure
      10.Dragon
      11.Sahara
      12.Inca Gold
      13.Shockwave
      14.Flood Tide
      15.Serpent
      16.Atlantis Found
      17.Valhalla Rising
      18.Trojan Odyssey
      19.Black Wind

      I think this is the order they were published, but
      Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
      read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
      and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
      haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

      http://my.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
        Tim,
        By all means, enjoy all of Clive Cussler's books. You don't have to read
        them in order, but occasionally he does make mention of previous events in
        previous books. I do believe in the opening pages of any of his books, the
        oldest novel is listed first. We've read every one of his books and they
        all stay on our shelf.
        They are such that they are worth reading over and over.

        Nancy in Utah, with better than 3 feet of snow outside my door

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
          The first one I read was "Vixen 03", and it was great. Then, I decided I
          have to read all of Clive Cussler's books, and so far, I've read all of them
          except Trojan Odyssey and Black Wind. And I enjoyed them very much. As a
          fellow writer of pulp fiction in germany, I must say that for me Clive
          Cussler is simply the best adventure/thriller writer there is today.

          Great reading!

          Pete

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
            There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
            II.
            Both worth reading.

            Nancy

            I think this is the order they were published, but
            Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
            read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
            and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
            haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

            http://my.yahoo.com

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

          • flutefacekk
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
              Hi Tim, and welcome to the group with great taste! :) I don't post
              here much, but I've read all of Mr. Cussler's books, many of them
              several times. The first book I read was "Inca Gold", because I
              read a rave review somewhere, and the "Inca" part caught my eye, as
              I've always had an interest in civilizations such as the Incas,
              Mayans, Aztecs, etc. I fell in love with the book immediately, and
              promptly began compulsively collecting the rest of his books. Inca
              Gold is still my favorite.

              The list below is a great start. You don't have to read the books
              in order, but it's kind of nice to be able to do that, too. And
              let's not forget the series other than the Dirk Pitt Adventures. I
              personally am a big fan of the Kurt Austin series (mostly because I
              just adore the character of Joe Zavala!), and the Oregon Files are
              growing on me, too. I'm almost finished with "Black Wind", which
              I'm enjoying very much, but I'm waiting for the 'connection' to the
              characters of Dirk Jr, Summer, and Jack. Maybe that will happen
              over the course of further adventures, I don't know.

              There are also some non-fiction "Sea Hunters" books by Mr. Cussler
              which are fascinating. I hope you get a chance to read them all!

              Kathy

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Matthews
              <hjm8163@y...> wrote:
              > 1.Mediterranean Caper
              > 2.Iceberg
              > 3.Raise the Titanic
              > 4.Vixen 03
              > 5.Night Probe
              > 6.Pacific Vortex
              > 7.Deep Six
              > 8.Cyclops
              > 9.Treasure
              > 10.Dragon
              > 11.Sahara
              > 12.Inca Gold
              > 13.Shockwave
              > 14.Flood Tide
              > 15.Serpent
              > 16.Atlantis Found
              > 17.Valhalla Rising
              > 18.Trojan Odyssey
              > 19.Black Wind
              >
              > I think this is the order they were published, but
              > Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
              > read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
              > and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
              > haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

              > http://my.yahoo.com
            • Tim Hunt

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                    You know, for some reason those two books have caught my eye... I have really been interested in looking at those first. (don't ask me why) I have heard those are the two best books.

                    Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
                    II.
                    Both worth reading.

                    Nancy

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                      Thank you Kathy... it is great to hear the opinions of all the readers... I have a feeling I am going to start asking all the questions in here now.... haha

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                        welcome Tim I started reading to help me quit smoking about 9 years
                        ago. I picked up "Pacific Vortex" at a garage sale for 25 cents and
                        was hooked i read them in order, and about every 2 years I reread
                        them in order. "Black Wind" is on my self its the next book I read.
                        And I havent smoked since
                        Baba

                        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hunt"
                        <thuntt3@y...> wrote:

                        > Hello everyone,
                        >
                        > My name is Tim and I am new to the group. I just started reading
                        > Atlantis Found and I love it ! However I am wondering if I should
                        be
                        > starting to read the books from the beginning. I have looked on
                        many
                        > sites but I have not found the order of when the books were
                        written.
                        > Can anyone help me w/ this ? Do they need to be read in order ?
                        >
                        > Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you.
                        >
                        > Tim Hunt
                      • Tim Hunt
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                          That is a great story baba ! Thank you for sharing.