Order ?

  • Tim Hunt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      My name is Tim and I am new to the group. I just started reading
      Atlantis Found and I love it ! However I am wondering if I should be
      starting to read the books from the beginning. I have looked on many
      sites but I have not found the order of when the books were written.
      Can anyone help me w/ this ? Do they need to be read in order ?

      Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you.

      Tim Hunt
    • Jerry Matthews
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
        1.Mediterranean Caper
        2.Iceberg
        3.Raise the Titanic
        4.Vixen 03
        5.Night Probe
        6.Pacific Vortex
        7.Deep Six
        8.Cyclops
        9.Treasure
        10.Dragon
        11.Sahara
        12.Inca Gold
        13.Shockwave
        14.Flood Tide
        15.Serpent
        16.Atlantis Found
        17.Valhalla Rising
        18.Trojan Odyssey
        19.Black Wind

        I think this is the order they were published, but
        Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
        read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
        and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
        haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

        http://my.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
          Tim,
          By all means, enjoy all of Clive Cussler's books. You don't have to read
          them in order, but occasionally he does make mention of previous events in
          previous books. I do believe in the opening pages of any of his books, the
          oldest novel is listed first. We've read every one of his books and they
          all stay on our shelf.
          They are such that they are worth reading over and over.

          Nancy in Utah, with better than 3 feet of snow outside my door

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

        • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
            The first one I read was "Vixen 03", and it was great. Then, I decided I
            have to read all of Clive Cussler's books, and so far, I've read all of them
            except Trojan Odyssey and Black Wind. And I enjoyed them very much. As a
            fellow writer of pulp fiction in germany, I must say that for me Clive
            Cussler is simply the best adventure/thriller writer there is today.

            Great reading!

            Pete

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 12, 2005
              There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
              II.
              Both worth reading.

              Nancy

              I think this is the order they were published, but
              Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
              read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
              and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
              haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

              http://my.yahoo.com

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM

            • flutefacekk
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                Hi Tim, and welcome to the group with great taste! :) I don't post
                here much, but I've read all of Mr. Cussler's books, many of them
                several times. The first book I read was "Inca Gold", because I
                read a rave review somewhere, and the "Inca" part caught my eye, as
                I've always had an interest in civilizations such as the Incas,
                Mayans, Aztecs, etc. I fell in love with the book immediately, and
                promptly began compulsively collecting the rest of his books. Inca
                Gold is still my favorite.

                The list below is a great start. You don't have to read the books
                in order, but it's kind of nice to be able to do that, too. And
                let's not forget the series other than the Dirk Pitt Adventures. I
                personally am a big fan of the Kurt Austin series (mostly because I
                just adore the character of Joe Zavala!), and the Oregon Files are
                growing on me, too. I'm almost finished with "Black Wind", which
                I'm enjoying very much, but I'm waiting for the 'connection' to the
                characters of Dirk Jr, Summer, and Jack. Maybe that will happen
                over the course of further adventures, I don't know.

                There are also some non-fiction "Sea Hunters" books by Mr. Cussler
                which are fascinating. I hope you get a chance to read them all!

                Kathy

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Matthews
                <hjm8163@y...> wrote:
                > 1.Mediterranean Caper
                > 2.Iceberg
                > 3.Raise the Titanic
                > 4.Vixen 03
                > 5.Night Probe
                > 6.Pacific Vortex
                > 7.Deep Six
                > 8.Cyclops
                > 9.Treasure
                > 10.Dragon
                > 11.Sahara
                > 12.Inca Gold
                > 13.Shockwave
                > 14.Flood Tide
                > 15.Serpent
                > 16.Atlantis Found
                > 17.Valhalla Rising
                > 18.Trojan Odyssey
                > 19.Black Wind
                >
                > I think this is the order they were published, but
                > Pacific Vortex was the first one written. I didn't
                > read them in order. The first one I read was Treasure
                > and then Raise the Titanic! and I was hooked. I
                > haven't read Black Wind yet, but all of the others are great.

                > http://my.yahoo.com
              • Tim Hunt

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                      You know, for some reason those two books have caught my eye... I have really been interested in looking at those first. (don't ask me why) I have heard those are the two best books.

                      Nancy Silk <silkwinddachs@...> wrote:There's also the non-fiction books of The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters
                      II.
                      Both worth reading.

                      Nancy

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                        Thank you Kathy... it is great to hear the opinions of all the readers... I have a feeling I am going to start asking all the questions in here now.... haha

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                          welcome Tim I started reading to help me quit smoking about 9 years
                          ago. I picked up "Pacific Vortex" at a garage sale for 25 cents and
                          was hooked i read them in order, and about every 2 years I reread
                          them in order. "Black Wind" is on my self its the next book I read.
                          And I havent smoked since
                          Baba

                          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hunt"
                          <thuntt3@y...> wrote:

                          > Hello everyone,
                          >
                          > My name is Tim and I am new to the group. I just started reading
                          > Atlantis Found and I love it ! However I am wondering if I should
                          be
                          > starting to read the books from the beginning. I have looked on
                          many
                          > sites but I have not found the order of when the books were
                          written.
                          > Can anyone help me w/ this ? Do they need to be read in order ?
                          >
                          > Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you.
                          >
                          > Tim Hunt
                        • Tim Hunt
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 13, 2005
                            That is a great story baba ! Thank you for sharing.