Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 134

  • keller hackbusch
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2003
      Steve Zahn was selected, it is not a rumor.

      www.cusslermen.com

      take a look at the news section.

      later,

      killerkellerh

      >From: James DeRuvo <jamesderuvo@...>
      >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 134
      >Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >That's because he hasn't. It was a rumor as far as
      >I've heard.
      >
      >--- clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > > There is 1 message in this issue.
      > >
      > > Topics in this digest:
      > >
      > > 1. Steve Zahn as Al Giodrino in Sahara
      > > From: "the Jester"
      > > <brothermercy@...>

      > > Message: 1
      > > Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 04:06:12 -0000
      > > From: "the Jester" <brothermercy@...>
      > > Subject: Steve Zahn as Al Giodrino in Sahara
      > >
      > > I'm suprised with as many fans there are here, no
      > > one has yet to
      > > mention at Steve Zahn has been cast as Al Giordino.
      > > He had to chase
      > > down Dr. Cussler and show him his knowledge of
      > > history and historical
      > > firearms, but apparently he has the part.
      > >
      > > There are a ton of movie websites out there with
      > > info on this.
      > > Should be interesting to see him as Al.
      > >
      > > I have been reading Dirk's adventures for about 13
      > > years. I was
      > > excited to learn about the Raise the Titanic
      > > movie...... Until I saw
      > > it. Man it was terrible. I have read an interview
      > > with Dr. Cussler
      > > about the movie and I think he hated it almost as
      > > much as I did.
      > >
      > > I am a fledgling scriptwriter and had begun a script
      > > of the
      > > Mediterranean Caper when I had learned of the making
      > > of Sahara. I
      > > haven't really given up writing it, but have decided
      > > to switch to a
      > > different tack I will explain later if anyone is
      > > interested. (comic
      > > book)
      > > I will see what I come up with and try to get it
      > > listed here. If I
      > > am infringing on copyright doign this, someone
      > > please let me know and
      > > I will stop.
      > >
      > > But for now, I continue.
      > >
      > > Timm
      > >

      > > www.geocities.com/brothermercy/home.html

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      >http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

      Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!
      https://broadband.msn.com
    • carolena5214
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2003
        Dear Fans of Clive Cussler,

        Having had the pleasure and privilege of working with and for Clive
        Cussler for 18 years please let me make a few observations. While
        the Cusslermen site tries very hard to verify the information that
        they have, that is not an official Clive Cussler site nor is the
        information that they list approved or sanctioned by Clive Cussler.
        The only official Clive Cussler site is www.numa.net, which is
        dedicated to the "real" NUMA, a 501c3 non profit which has
        successfully located more than 60 missing ships and planes
        throughout the world. While the NUMA site is dedicated to NUMA, the
        Message Board on that site is "official" and at times, questions
        arise regarding the movie SAHARA, the TV series THE SEA HUNTERS,
        www.seahunters.net and the fictional books. The information on
        NUMA's Message Board you can take to the bank. Several weeks ago I
        released a news release and copied it into the NUMA site and the
        www.simonsays.com/cussler site announcing that Steve Zahn has been
        hired to portray Al Giordino in the movie version of SAHARA. As to
        someone's question about writing a screenplay about one of Clive
        Cussler's books, there is nothing to stop anyone from writing a
        screenplay, however, one cannot sell it or have it produced without
        permission from Clive Cussler's agent, Peter Lampack. Cheers to all
        and thank you for your interest in Clive Cussler and NUMA.
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
          has there been any dates set for a book signing in SF. I heard that
          he was on a local radio station last week (although I did'nt get to
          hear it) and I hope I didnt miss him?
          i didnt see anything on the dates from anyone so I dont know if I
          missed him or not
          baba

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, carolena5214

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
            Yes, the CLIVE CUSSLER TROJAN ODYSSEY BOOK TOUR will arrive in San
            Francisco via Amtrak at 10:10 p.m. on Thursday, December 4th. The
            TROJAN ODYSSEY Book Tour comes to Book Passage, (One Ferry
            Building), San Francisco at 5 p.m. Friday, December 5th See you
            there!
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
              THE CLIVE CUSSLER TROJAN ODYSSEY ALL ABOARD AMTRAK BOOK TOUR rolls
              into San Francisco at 10:10 p.m., Thursday, December 4th. The TROJAN
              ODYSSEY Book Tour comes to Book Passage, (One Ferry Building), San
              Francisco at 5 p.m. Friday, December 5th. This will be the only
              book signing in the San Francisco area but there will be two book
              signings aboard Amtrak en route from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
              Hope to see you there!