Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Valhalla Rising

  • Silkwind
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
      Both my husband and I consider Clive Cussler our number 1 author of choice.
      Yes, his stories are complex -- so much so that I normally cannot remember
      the tales after I've read them. Even though I can't put them down until I'm
      finished. I do thoroughly enjoy them. And I've also discovered, because I
      can't recall all the directions that they take, I can re-read them and think
      I've never been there before! I can't say that about other authors. A book
      that one wants to re-read and re-read, is a treasure....

      Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
      silkwind@...
      www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

      Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
      known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of his
      international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
      out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
      RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
      be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
      turns are worth it!

    • Dave Jones
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
        Does he ever come out to Hawaii for book signings? I
        see he'll be in San Diego, which figures since I just
        moved from there. I got my fiancee hooked on his books
        and she's going through and reading all of his books
        that I had read (which is all of them). If he doesn't
        take a trip to Hawaii, you should suggest it :)

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • carolena5214
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
          Sorry, with a schedule like he has that would exhaust someone half
          his age, there is no way that Hawaii will be included in Book Tour
          plans. Dr. Cussler and his family have vacationed there, however.
          Perhaps you and your fiancee' could come to the 48 and meet him?
          Thanks for being such a loyal fan. Cheers!