Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Valhalla Rising

  • Jeff Rosen
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
      I just vinished Valhalla Rising and I loved it from beginning to end. The plot was fantastic. But I would have changed the title, removed the Vikings and reference to his kids at the end. Also would have explored the teleportation thing a bit more...just too many little bits left unfinished while others end too suddenly like the death of the villan. Also Pitt and Kurt Austin sound like the same character
      Jeff

      carolena5214 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      To Jeff. Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
      known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of
      his international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
      out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
      RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
      be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
      turns are worth it! Clive Cussler's books are an E Ticket Ride! As
      to the children, some fans balked but when you read TROJAN ODYSSEY
      you will understand. TROJAN ODYSSEY, by the way, will be released
      November 24th in the U.S. and Canada. Dr. Cussler will begin book
      tour at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ at 5 p.m. that day.
      Wayne Valero, who wrote the Collector's Guide to Clive Cussler, will
      be on hand to sign his books and the artist who did all the art work
      in TROJAN ODYSSEY may also be on hand. Book signings with Clive
      Cussler are a real party. The book tour continues in Albuquerque
      the next day then Clive has a few days off for Thanksgiving. Sunday
      November 30th, he will be signing books in San Diego and again on
      Monday, December 1st. December 2nd, All Aboard Amtrak to Los
      Angeles where one can get up close and personal with Clive in the
      Business Class of the train. Clive will be signing books in L.A.
      the 2nd and 3rd. The morning of the 4th it's all aboard for San
      Francisco in First Class. Three lucky passengers will each win a
      $1000 DOXA Sub 300T just like Dirk Pitt (R) (and Clive Cussler)
      wear. Amtrak is also giving away a round trip from San Francisco to
      Los Angeles (or vice versa) with sleeping compartment for two lucky
      travelers! All Aboard! ;)

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Jeff Rosen

    • Silkwind
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
        Both my husband and I consider Clive Cussler our number 1 author of choice.
        Yes, his stories are complex -- so much so that I normally cannot remember
        the tales after I've read them. Even though I can't put them down until I'm
        finished. I do thoroughly enjoy them. And I've also discovered, because I
        can't recall all the directions that they take, I can re-read them and think
        I've never been there before! I can't say that about other authors. A book
        that one wants to re-read and re-read, is a treasure....

        Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
        silkwind@...
        www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

        Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
        known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of his
        international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
        out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
        RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
        be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
        turns are worth it!

      • Dave Jones
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
          Does he ever come out to Hawaii for book signings? I
          see he'll be in San Diego, which figures since I just
          moved from there. I got my fiancee hooked on his books
          and she's going through and reading all of his books
          that I had read (which is all of them). If he doesn't
          take a trip to Hawaii, you should suggest it :)

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • carolena5214
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
            Sorry, with a schedule like he has that would exhaust someone half
            his age, there is no way that Hawaii will be included in Book Tour
            plans. Dr. Cussler and his family have vacationed there, however.
            Perhaps you and your fiancee' could come to the 48 and meet him?
            Thanks for being such a loyal fan. Cheers!