Valhalla Rising

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
      Groups Home - Yahoo! - Help
      Notice: Important service changes to Yahoo! Groups. Learn
      more
      Welcome, jelijo (jelijo · jelijo@...) Start a Group -
      My Groups - Account Info - Sign Out
      Cussler-DirkPitt · this list is dedicated to Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt
      and NUMA - although the main topic is Dirk Pitt any adventures
      novels that Group Member [ Edit My Membership ]

      Messages
           Post
        Chat
        Files
        Photos
        Links
        Database
        Polls
        Members
        Calendar

        Promote

         = Owner
         = Moderator
         = Online
       Messages Messages Help
      Reply | Forward | View Source | Unwrap Lines | Delete
        Search Archive
        Message 3266 of 3266  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]
      Message Index
         Msg # Go
      From:  "Jeff" <jelijo@y...>
      Date:  Mon Sep 8, 2003  8:19 am
      Subject:  Valhalla Rising

      Just finished reading Valhalla Rising. Lots of action and overall
      found it very good. However there were too many subplots. Like
      the Viking thing could easily have been removed. And the last
      few pages with the introduction of his children were totally
      unrelated to the book and did not fit in. What gives?

    • carolena5214
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
        To Jeff. Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
        known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of
        his international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
        out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
        RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
        be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
        turns are worth it! Clive Cussler's books are an E Ticket Ride! As
        to the children, some fans balked but when you read TROJAN ODYSSEY
        you will understand. TROJAN ODYSSEY, by the way, will be released
        November 24th in the U.S. and Canada. Dr. Cussler will begin book
        tour at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ at 5 p.m. that day.
        Wayne Valero, who wrote the Collector's Guide to Clive Cussler, will
        be on hand to sign his books and the artist who did all the art work
        in TROJAN ODYSSEY may also be on hand. Book signings with Clive
        Cussler are a real party. The book tour continues in Albuquerque
        the next day then Clive has a few days off for Thanksgiving. Sunday
        November 30th, he will be signing books in San Diego and again on
        Monday, December 1st. December 2nd, All Aboard Amtrak to Los
        Angeles where one can get up close and personal with Clive in the
        Business Class of the train. Clive will be signing books in L.A.
        the 2nd and 3rd. The morning of the 4th it's all aboard for San
        Francisco in First Class. Three lucky passengers will each win a
        $1000 DOXA Sub 300T just like Dirk Pitt (R) (and Clive Cussler)
        wear. Amtrak is also giving away a round trip from San Francisco to
        Los Angeles (or vice versa) with sleeping compartment for two lucky
        travelers! All Aboard! ;)
      • Jeff Rosen
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
          I just vinished Valhalla Rising and I loved it from beginning to end. The plot was fantastic. But I would have changed the title, removed the Vikings and reference to his kids at the end. Also would have explored the teleportation thing a bit more...just too many little bits left unfinished while others end too suddenly like the death of the villan. Also Pitt and Kurt Austin sound like the same character
          Jeff

          carolena5214 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Jeff Rosen

        • Silkwind
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
            Both my husband and I consider Clive Cussler our number 1 author of choice.
            Yes, his stories are complex -- so much so that I normally cannot remember
            the tales after I've read them. Even though I can't put them down until I'm
            finished. I do thoroughly enjoy them. And I've also discovered, because I
            can't recall all the directions that they take, I can re-read them and think
            I've never been there before! I can't say that about other authors. A book
            that one wants to re-read and re-read, is a treasure....

            Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
            silkwind@...
            www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

            Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
            known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of his
            international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
            out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
            RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
            be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
            turns are worth it!

          • Dave Jones
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
              Does he ever come out to Hawaii for book signings? I
              see he'll be in San Diego, which figures since I just
              moved from there. I got my fiancee hooked on his books
              and she's going through and reading all of his books
              that I had read (which is all of them). If he doesn't
              take a trip to Hawaii, you should suggest it :)

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • carolena5214
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
                Sorry, with a schedule like he has that would exhaust someone half
                his age, there is no way that Hawaii will be included in Book Tour
                plans. Dr. Cussler and his family have vacationed there, however.
                Perhaps you and your fiancee' could come to the 48 and meet him?
                Thanks for being such a loyal fan. Cheers!