Mathew Mconauhey

  • tierneytechproductions
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2003
      I think we should give MM a chance. Clive Cussler hand picked him
      and he is the one who came up with the books we all love. I'm sure
      we'd rather see someone like Harison Ford take the role but he's too
      indy and besides with Indy IV coming out he wouldn't be able to do
      it. Plus the fact that Cussler hates it when people compare Dirk to
      Indiana jones. Therefore I doubt that Ford would have gotten the
      role no matter what the fans said.
      I do think that we need to trust Clive and hope that the
      screenwriters adapt the book with Justice.

      Pat
      Pitt, Dirk Pitt
    • Steve Wandy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
        Hi Folks,
        New to this group, but have been reading all of Dr. Cussler's
        fantastic books since Raise The Titanic,
        The discussions of Matt McConauhey and Dirk Pitt reminds me of a
        story I read long ago (actually more similar to the Cruise/Rice
        story previously mentioned).
        When the producers cast Sean Connery in the role of James Bond for
        Dr. No, Ian Fleming was reportedly very unhappy with the choice.
        However, after seeing Connery on the set and especially seeing the
        result on the screen, he understood the producer's choice. As they
        say, the rest is history with many Bond fans considering Connnery
        the best in the role (myself included).
        I agree that MM does not agree with my impression of DP from reading
        the novels, but I respect and like him as an actor and am willing to
        give him the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. (Reminds me of
        first hearing that Frank Sinatra was cast in the role of Captain
        Edward Delaney in Lawrence Sanders' "The First Deadly Sin". I loved
        that series and could not see Sinatra in the role. I envisioned an
        overweight, Irish Cop, not Sinatra's Italian version. (BTW - it took
        me many years to finally get around to rent the movie on video -
        Sinatra did a very good job in the role.)