Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Just Give In

  • Audralee Thorpe
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 9:26 PM
      I will admit to not being thrilled with his choice in MM. But because I
      disagree hardly means that I don't believe in CC or that I am disloyal to
      him as a fan. If anything my speaking my mind against MM has been out of
      loyalty for the image CC has created in my mind with his work. What kind of
      a person would simply nod and say nothing when someone that is as admired as
      CC is contemplating what may be perceived as a mistake? I won't speak for
      everyone but just because I chose to voice an opposing opinion only means
      that I care enough to say it. It would be like watching someone taking a
      snowmachine over a lake that we don't know how deep is frozen and not saying
      a word. You just don't do that. And has anyone considered that the nay
      sayers here have as much "fire in their bellies" for DP as MM? I saw "Raise
      the Titanic" over 15 years ago and I am still a loyal fan. Regardless of how
      Sahara turns out, I'll still be a fan of the characters that CC has created.
      I hate the thought of anyone thinking poorly of CC. If I didn't care, I
      could sit by and say nothing but CC's work means more to me than that. It's
      true CC created Pitt but it's the fans who bought those books that have kept
      Pitt going beyond the first novel. I believe CC has never forgotten the
      fans which is why he is so highly respected by those same fans. Obviously,
      you can't please everybody. I think we all have an idea of what DP is like
      in our minds. Humans are funny creatures, my image will differ from someone
      else's despite our having read the same exact pages. It all lies in
      individual perception and interpretation. Maybe it's the Alaskan in me but
      I think of the saying - Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and
      everyone thinks theirs don't stink. I think the one thing we all agree upon
      is that we enjoy and appreciate the work CC has done thus far and look
      forward to the next adventure, whether or not we like the movie.

      And if anything, CC's Dirk Pitt taught me to never just give in. Of course
      all of this is just my OPINION.