Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] cc new movie

  • Pugwhan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2003
      At 11:52 PM 8/7/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >i heard that in the new movie that mathew mcconaughey was going to
      >play dirk pitt and i want to know if its true because if it is i am
      >let down that they would do something that dumb. for those of you
      >that dont know who mathew mcconaughey is he was in how to lose a guy
      >in 10 days. he was the main character.

      Why is everyone down on Mathew Mcconaghey? I thought he did a good job in
      How to lose a guy and also in Reign of Fire.
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2003
        To all who are New to the subject of the Movie "Sahara", here is some
        info.
        Paramount and Crusader Entertainment have a contract with Clive
        Cussler to make 3 Movies the First one being Sahara. Clive Cussler
        signed this contract because he has Creative Control...he has Script
        Approval and casting Approval. What that means is Clive Cussler is
        making the Decisions on who will be playing who....That also means he
        will be deciding just what will be included in the script.
        Clive Cussler made the decision to hire Matthew McConaghy(sp?) as
        Dirk Pitt and I, for one, will not question his decision. He created
        Dirk Pitt and I think he is Qualified to Decide if MM is right for
        the part. I'll trust his decisions.
        The movie is Slated to be released in July 2004.(this is according to
        yahoo movies, crusader hasn't said anything yet)
        Visit Clive Cusslers web site www.numa.net or
        www.crusaderentertainment.com

        or for more info contact CC PR rep at carole@....

        Just give CC a chance I am sure he wont allow his fans to be
        disappointed. I have faith.
      • Troy King
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2003
          It is true. I think it will be ok He is younger than
          dirk pitt is in sahara, but should be good. Go to
          cusslermen.com and you will see. Also Selma Hyeck is
          to play Dr. Eva Rojas.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com