Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] cc new movie

  • spikedchez@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
      I'd see Sahara with Caviezel or even with Julian McMahon But I won't waste my
      $9.00
      or time on McConaughey a great project tanked by stupid casting.

      Working on my Hanger
      Mark

    • Silkwind
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
        Personally, I view M.McC. as a whimp....and not mature enough to play Dirk
        Pitt.
        Wish Tom Sellect were younger, because he represents the strong, male image
        that I have of
        Dirk Pitt, with much mature sensitivity. M.McC has no sensitivity ...

        Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
        silkwind@...
        www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

        Why is everyone down on Mathew Mcconaghey? I thought he did a good job in
        How to lose a guy and also in Reign of Fire.

      • Silkwind
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
          Also, as a Clive Cussler fan for 20 plus years, I'll be happy with any
          screen presentation of his
          novels. I just hope HE is satisfied because I know he personally was very
          disappointed in the movie
          version of "Raise The Titanic." But, as I passed on to him, the soundtrack
          is fantastic. And I've only just been able to locate it recently. I will
          forever be a Clive Cussler fan even though I'm not excited about some of his
          joint author endeavors, casting selection, and I really do wish his upcoming
          movies are successful.

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/CkIolB/TM

          .

        • spikedchez@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
            Bullshit!

          • spikedchez@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
              Amen sister!

            • spikedchez@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                Read my first Cussler Book in 78 or 9 have read all the Pitt books three
                Kurt Austin books and am working in book 4 . Since M McC's casting I have no
                faith what so ever in the project . It has Patriot Games or Gigli all over it

                Why not just cast the kids from American Pie and be done with . I'm saving My
                $9.00.

                Mark

              • spikedchez@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                  Because he sucks out loud !

                • Audralee Thorpe
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                    I believe in CC but not MC. I have been a faithful fan for 20 plus years
                    this is disheartening. I have to agree that I think MC lacks the savvy to
                    pull off Pitt. I sincerely hope that I will be pleasantly surprised.

                  • spikedchez@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                      Faith is for saints not movie fans. The chance that Hollywood will do right
                      by the original subject matter is 1 in 10,000 M McC is the first step down the
                      trail of wrong direction there will not be a second or third film. The first
                      film will bomb, good riddens to bad rubbish. Cussler should stick to books, bad
                      casting can't screw that up!

                      Faith! There is Faith and fools errands!

                      Mark

                    • Troy King
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 11, 2003
                        Does anyone know how Clive Cussler himself feels.

                        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com