Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] cc new movie

  • Audralee Thorpe
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2003
      I think you have voiced most fans biggest fear. The debate as to who could
      make a good Dirk Pitt has waged for quite a while but I think we can all
      agree M. McConaughey is not him!! My vote is still for Jim Caviezel from
      High Crimes and The Count of Monet Cristo. Even though he's busy, I think
      he would be worth waiting for.

    • spikedchez@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
        I'd see Sahara with Caviezel or even with Julian McMahon But I won't waste my
        $9.00
        or time on McConaughey a great project tanked by stupid casting.

        Working on my Hanger
        Mark

      • Silkwind
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
          Personally, I view M.McC. as a whimp....and not mature enough to play Dirk
          Pitt.
          Wish Tom Sellect were younger, because he represents the strong, male image
          that I have of
          Dirk Pitt, with much mature sensitivity. M.McC has no sensitivity ...

          Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
          silkwind@...
          www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

          Why is everyone down on Mathew Mcconaghey? I thought he did a good job in
          How to lose a guy and also in Reign of Fire.

        • Silkwind
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
            Also, as a Clive Cussler fan for 20 plus years, I'll be happy with any
            screen presentation of his
            novels. I just hope HE is satisfied because I know he personally was very
            disappointed in the movie
            version of "Raise The Titanic." But, as I passed on to him, the soundtrack
            is fantastic. And I've only just been able to locate it recently. I will
            forever be a Clive Cussler fan even though I'm not excited about some of his
            joint author endeavors, casting selection, and I really do wish his upcoming
            movies are successful.

            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/CkIolB/TM

            .

          • spikedchez@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
              Bullshit!

            • spikedchez@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                Amen sister!

              • spikedchez@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                  Read my first Cussler Book in 78 or 9 have read all the Pitt books three
                  Kurt Austin books and am working in book 4 . Since M McC's casting I have no
                  faith what so ever in the project . It has Patriot Games or Gigli all over it

                  Why not just cast the kids from American Pie and be done with . I'm saving My
                  $9.00.

                  Mark

                • spikedchez@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                    Because he sucks out loud !

                  • Audralee Thorpe
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                      I believe in CC but not MC. I have been a faithful fan for 20 plus years
                      this is disheartening. I have to agree that I think MC lacks the savvy to
                      pull off Pitt. I sincerely hope that I will be pleasantly surprised.

                    • spikedchez@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 8, 2003
                        Faith is for saints not movie fans. The chance that Hollywood will do right
                        by the original subject matter is 1 in 10,000 M McC is the first step down the
                        trail of wrong direction there will not be a second or third film. The first
                        film will bomb, good riddens to bad rubbish. Cussler should stick to books, bad
                        casting can't screw that up!

                        Faith! There is Faith and fools errands!

                        Mark

                      • Troy King
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 11, 2003
                          Does anyone know how Clive Cussler himself feels.

                          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com