STEVE ZAHN TO PLAY GIORDINO

  • jamesderuvo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2003
      Man, first McConnahey, now this. Never in my life have I seen a film
      so MISCAST.

      Zahn readying to cross 'Sahara'
      Thesp joins Eisner-helmed adaptation of Cussler novel

      By DAVE MCNARY

      Steve Zahn is in negotiations to star in Crusader
      Entertainment's "Sahara" with Matthew McConaughey.
      Zahn will portray Al Giordino, the wisecracking sidekick to
      McConaughey's Dirk Pitt character. "Sahara," based on the Clive
      Cussler action-adventure novels, will be directed by Breck Eisner and
      shoot in the U.K. and Morocco.

      Zahn, repped by Endeavor and managed by LMRK, was most recently
      in "Daddy Day Care," and he is filming "Employee of the Month" for
      Bull's Eye Entertainment. He will be seen next in Lions Gate
      Films' "Shattered Glass," portraying the reporter who revealed that
      journalist Stephen Glass was inventing many of his stories.

      Crusader announced last year that it had greenlit an adaptation
      of "Sahara" as the first film to be based on the Pitt character in
      Cussler's bestselling novels. "Sahara" focuses on McConaughey's
      character thwarting an attempted assassination of a U.N. scientist
      investigating a raging epidemic in North Africa that threatens to
      extinguish life in the world's seas.

      Crusader signed a three-year, first-look U.S. distrib deal with
      Paramount in 2001. Par agreed last year to distribute "Sahara"
      Stateside and in the U.K., Italy, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2003
        This has not been confirmed by Crusader and Clive Cussler's PR person
        says that this is a false rumor. So we will have to wait and see if
        it is true. This could be the going the same way that the Tom Cruise
        as Pitt rumor, it was just a rumor with nothing based in fact.
        Probably started by the pr person for the actor(s).

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "jamesderuvo"