Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Where'd Dirk Pitt go?

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2003
      The Numa Files series of books with Kurt Austin starts with Serpent
      and is co-written with Paul Kemprecos. According to Dr. Cussler's
      pr person Carole Barthlowmeax(I'm sure I spelled it wrong) Dr.
      Cussler supplies the 'Base" material....storyline, character
      development etc. .... and Paul Kemprecos 'fleshes' out the story,
      with Clive helping.
      In the beginning of "Serpent" their is a 'Letter' from Dirk
      introducing Kurt and Joe. They are another group working for
      N.U.M.A under Sandecker. The second book in the series is "Blue
      Gold" and the third is "Fire Ice". I have enjoyed all 3 books and
      look forward to reading the newest edition in the series "White
      Death".
      Dirk is not being retired, according to Carole in the next Dirk Pitt
      book........Do not read further if you don't really want spoilers....

      Trojan Odssey will be released around Thanksgiving and some of the
      story plots will be.....Sandecker becomes Vice President, Dirk
      becomes head of N.U.M.A., but is by no means going to 'retire', he
      and Al will have adventures of their own. Dirk Jr and Summer Jr.
      will be joining N.U.M.A and will start their own adventures. (no
      news if this will be ongoing in the Dirk Pitt books or their own).
      Dirk and Laurn will marry.

      Altho it looks like Clive may be retiring from writing, as his real
      life son Dirk Cussler will be taking over writing the Dirk Pitt
      novels starting next year. (another Dirk Pitt adventure release in
      2004 written by Dirk Cussler). He will still be 'helping' out.

      Another new series will be launched in October called "The Oregon
      Files" about the mercenary group from.....um Dragon, I think (I
      could be wrong now I have to go look it up), this will be co-written
      with Craig Dirgo (Sea Hunters and Sea Hunters II).

      Debbie

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Audralee Thorpe"
      <audralee6@h...> wrote:

      > Dirk has been mentioned in the NUMA Files, only a name dropping
      though. If
      > memory serves correct, Kurt and Dirk even run into each other in
      the
      > elevator at the NUMA headquarters but I don't remember if it was
      in a Pitt
      > novel or an Austin novel. I think it's in Serpent that the
      comment is made
      > that they don't often get to work together.
      >
      > >From: outraegis <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Where'd Dirk Pitt go?
      > >Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:46:20 -0000
      > >
      > >I'm reading Fire Ice and didn't read the previous two Austin
      novels.
      > >However, I've noticed that most of the Pitt-universe characters
      are
      > >in this novel, with absolutely no mention of Pitt anywhere.
      > >
      > >So, what happened to Pitt? Cussler kill him off? Some trademark
      > >violation? Pitt retired and in old-hero's home? What's the deal.
      Why
      > >is it that every other character gets play and mention and old
      > >Dirkyboy is MIA?
      > >
      > >Just gotta know.

    • Deb
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2003
        > Another new series will be launched in October called "The Oregon
        > Files" about the mercenary group from.....um Dragon, I think (I
        > could be wrong now I have to go look it up), this will be co-
        written
        > with Craig Dirgo (Sea Hunters and Sea Hunters II).

        It was "Flood Tide" not "Dragon" and the New Series first book will
        be titled "The Golden Budda"

        Debbie
      • Audralee Thorpe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2003