Where'd Dirk Pitt go?

  • outraegis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2003
      I'm reading Fire Ice and didn't read the previous two Austin novels.
      However, I've noticed that most of the Pitt-universe characters are
      in this novel, with absolutely no mention of Pitt anywhere.

      So, what happened to Pitt? Cussler kill him off? Some trademark
      violation? Pitt retired and in old-hero's home? What's the deal. Why
      is it that every other character gets play and mention and old
      Dirkyboy is MIA?

      Just gotta know.