Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 93

  • spikedchez@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
      OK here goes in a perfect world My choice for Pitt would have been Alec
      Baldwin about the time he shot "Red October" he carried himself right and had the
      green eyes
      and the look George Clooney would have been tolerable Kurt Russell would have
      worked Geordino depends on the Pitt casting I always say Jim Belushi with
      Baldwin
      with Clooney /Oliver Platt with Russell I see Jon Favreau (were talking
      perfect world here I realize that Belushi and Baldwin are past the role and even
      Russell may be long in the tooth but Executive Decision and that recent Cop
      opus he did show he still has some action left). Pearlmutter no contest John
      Rhys-Davies check please.
      Sandecker, I had several ideas for Sandecker but after seeing "The Contender"
      I realized Gary Oldman could nail the part. Last get Queen Latifah as the
      Jailer, Tetchy Kataro as our French villain and Louis GossetJr., his African
      henchman
      then give the project to John McTiernan to Direct, Ken Adam for the art
      direction, Ernest Lehman to collaborate with Cussler on the script and get Michael
      Kaman to score the film. All perfect world stuff but you asked. Sorry about
      the suit comment but you sure sounded like a PR hack in your posts. Of course I
      usually come off as a stubborn hot head but then again I am a stubborn hot
      head and a bit of a jerk. Still think if HE WHO I WILL NO SPEAK plays Pitt the
      project is sunk. So I'll probably spend my $9.00 on the B-25 and wait for it to
      come out on HBO. Love to Chat But we have a Fly in here at Eagle Field Today
      and I've got to get some shut eye.

      Mark

    • Audralee Thorpe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 7, 2003
        It seems that I'm about to stick my nose into a really hot topic but what
        about Jim Caviezel for Pitt? Just in case the name doesn't jump out, High
        Crimes, Count of Monte Cristo, Frenquency. He has the look or at least how
        I would picture Pitt to be. If anything he's not old enough. Remember Pitt
        is suppose to be a Vietnem vet. It's where he and Sandecker met. If memory
        recalls correctly, Pitt shot Sandecker down to keep him from being captured
        during that war. Since Saharah takes place in '96 that would actually place
        Pitt in his late forties. But I think Caviezel has the ability to pull off
        a pretty good Pitt. I admit, that I am not in "the business" just an CC
        fan.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2003
          Jim Caviezel I like it ! Oliver Platt as Al close to perfect combo

          Mark

        • keller hackbusch
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 9, 2003
            Jim Caviezel sounds good to me, I have never thought of him, but I like the
            idea. Jim is currently filming in Italy with Mel Gibson in Mel's new work,
            The Passion, where Jim plays Jesus. The entire film is in Latin and it
            intended to make you feel the story...

            What about actor Brad Johnson, who I just saw staring as Ray Steele in the
            Tribulation Force. He looks pretty close to my view of Pitt.

            Personally, I could accept blatent anti-americans like Clooney or Baldwin as
            Pitt. Boo Hiss. I would rather not have a movie at all.

            later,

            killerkellerh