Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 93

  • lana and chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
      george clooney would make the perfect pitt
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
        OK here goes in a perfect world My choice for Pitt would have been Alec
        Baldwin about the time he shot "Red October" he carried himself right and had the
        green eyes
        and the look George Clooney would have been tolerable Kurt Russell would have
        worked Geordino depends on the Pitt casting I always say Jim Belushi with
        Baldwin
        with Clooney /Oliver Platt with Russell I see Jon Favreau (were talking
        perfect world here I realize that Belushi and Baldwin are past the role and even
        Russell may be long in the tooth but Executive Decision and that recent Cop
        opus he did show he still has some action left). Pearlmutter no contest John
        Rhys-Davies check please.
        Sandecker, I had several ideas for Sandecker but after seeing "The Contender"
        I realized Gary Oldman could nail the part. Last get Queen Latifah as the
        Jailer, Tetchy Kataro as our French villain and Louis GossetJr., his African
        henchman
        then give the project to John McTiernan to Direct, Ken Adam for the art
        direction, Ernest Lehman to collaborate with Cussler on the script and get Michael
        Kaman to score the film. All perfect world stuff but you asked. Sorry about
        the suit comment but you sure sounded like a PR hack in your posts. Of course I
        usually come off as a stubborn hot head but then again I am a stubborn hot
        head and a bit of a jerk. Still think if HE WHO I WILL NO SPEAK plays Pitt the
        project is sunk. So I'll probably spend my $9.00 on the B-25 and wait for it to
        come out on HBO. Love to Chat But we have a Fly in here at Eagle Field Today
        and I've got to get some shut eye.

        Mark

      • Audralee Thorpe
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2003
          It seems that I'm about to stick my nose into a really hot topic but what
          about Jim Caviezel for Pitt? Just in case the name doesn't jump out, High
          Crimes, Count of Monte Cristo, Frenquency. He has the look or at least how
          I would picture Pitt to be. If anything he's not old enough. Remember Pitt
          is suppose to be a Vietnem vet. It's where he and Sandecker met. If memory
          recalls correctly, Pitt shot Sandecker down to keep him from being captured
          during that war. Since Saharah takes place in '96 that would actually place
          Pitt in his late forties. But I think Caviezel has the ability to pull off
          a pretty good Pitt. I admit, that I am not in "the business" just an CC
          fan.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2003
            Jim Caviezel I like it ! Oliver Platt as Al close to perfect combo

            Mark

          • keller hackbusch
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2003
              Jim Caviezel sounds good to me, I have never thought of him, but I like the
              idea. Jim is currently filming in Italy with Mel Gibson in Mel's new work,
              The Passion, where Jim plays Jesus. The entire film is in Latin and it
              intended to make you feel the story...

              What about actor Brad Johnson, who I just saw staring as Ray Steele in the
              Tribulation Force. He looks pretty close to my view of Pitt.

              Personally, I could accept blatent anti-americans like Clooney or Baldwin as
              Pitt. Boo Hiss. I would rather not have a movie at all.

              later,

              killerkellerh