Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 93

  • jamesderuvo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2003
      James' smiles in amusement as he realizes that Mark knows nothing
      about him.

      Actually Mark, I'm not a suit. I'm a writer. My partner and I spent
      about 6 years trying to get Hollywood interested in Pitt and INCA
      GOLD.

      You say that Cussler folded like a house of cards. Yeah AFTER A
      THIRTY YEAR HOLD OUT.

      Cussler's demands for Pitt approval & director approval, plus
      outright purchase of the entire 18 volume Pitt library for $70
      MILLION kept them at bay.

      Cussler demanded all that. We did our best. But it wasn't until we
      were out of the picture that Crusader (with their Billion dollar
      owner) ponied up the cash to buy the franchise. They decided to go
      with SAHARA. Go figure.

      And Cussler's #1 choice (Hugh Jackman) isn't available. And Cussler
      isn't getting any younger - so what can you say?

      I'm still hopeful that perhaps MMc will drop out and we'll get a
      better choice, because God knows that MMc doesn't thrill me.

      And yet, I have hope.

      I haven't heard who YOU would cast in a perfect world!

      ps - I hate Marlon Brando.

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Notarian"
      <spikedchez@a...> wrote:

      > PS Look James, Your a Suit. I'm 46 and retired. I restore the
      > Airfield do a voice over once in a while and I direct radio drama. ?
      > see things as an artist, you see things as profit and loss. You can
      > make art and money at the same time. It is just a matter of
      risk.Art
      > and risk have financed my retirement. Play safe you may never hit
      one
      > out of the park. Crusader and Paramount want this project. Cussler
      > unless he and his lawyers and agent are complete
      > idiots (which I am begining to believe is very possible) has much
      > more power than you elude he should exercise it.
      > That is where the 100 million copies and 30 years comes into play
      it
      > means nothing if he crumbles like brocolli in the face of Horrific
      > decisions.And that I would tell him that to his face.I imagine he
      > would respond with a rakish smile and a punch to my right eye. I
      > would counter with shprt jabs to his midsection followed by the
      > inevitable roll around the parking lot,cuts,scrapes,bruises and
      > after fight Newcastle's , stories of deep dives (Black Coral),
      > Great Whites (The La Jolla Bank),Truk lagoon and drunken chorus's
      > of "Ain't that a Kick in the Head".

      > > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
      > > http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • lana and chris
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
        george clooney would make the perfect pitt

      • spikedchez@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
          OK here goes in a perfect world My choice for Pitt would have been Alec
          Baldwin about the time he shot "Red October" he carried himself right and had the
          green eyes
          and the look George Clooney would have been tolerable Kurt Russell would have
          worked Geordino depends on the Pitt casting I always say Jim Belushi with
          Baldwin
          with Clooney /Oliver Platt with Russell I see Jon Favreau (were talking
          perfect world here I realize that Belushi and Baldwin are past the role and even
          Russell may be long in the tooth but Executive Decision and that recent Cop
          opus he did show he still has some action left). Pearlmutter no contest John
          Rhys-Davies check please.
          Sandecker, I had several ideas for Sandecker but after seeing "The Contender"
          I realized Gary Oldman could nail the part. Last get Queen Latifah as the
          Jailer, Tetchy Kataro as our French villain and Louis GossetJr., his African
          henchman
          then give the project to John McTiernan to Direct, Ken Adam for the art
          direction, Ernest Lehman to collaborate with Cussler on the script and get Michael
          Kaman to score the film. All perfect world stuff but you asked. Sorry about
          the suit comment but you sure sounded like a PR hack in your posts. Of course I
          usually come off as a stubborn hot head but then again I am a stubborn hot
          head and a bit of a jerk. Still think if HE WHO I WILL NO SPEAK plays Pitt the
          project is sunk. So I'll probably spend my $9.00 on the B-25 and wait for it to
          come out on HBO. Love to Chat But we have a Fly in here at Eagle Field Today
          and I've got to get some shut eye.

          Mark

        • Audralee Thorpe
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2003
            It seems that I'm about to stick my nose into a really hot topic but what
            about Jim Caviezel for Pitt? Just in case the name doesn't jump out, High
            Crimes, Count of Monte Cristo, Frenquency. He has the look or at least how
            I would picture Pitt to be. If anything he's not old enough. Remember Pitt
            is suppose to be a Vietnem vet. It's where he and Sandecker met. If memory
            recalls correctly, Pitt shot Sandecker down to keep him from being captured
            during that war. Since Saharah takes place in '96 that would actually place
            Pitt in his late forties. But I think Caviezel has the ability to pull off
            a pretty good Pitt. I admit, that I am not in "the business" just an CC
            fan.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2003
              Jim Caviezel I like it ! Oliver Platt as Al close to perfect combo

              Mark

            • keller hackbusch
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 9, 2003
                Jim Caviezel sounds good to me, I have never thought of him, but I like the
                idea. Jim is currently filming in Italy with Mel Gibson in Mel's new work,
                The Passion, where Jim plays Jesus. The entire film is in Latin and it
                intended to make you feel the story...

                What about actor Brad Johnson, who I just saw staring as Ray Steele in the
                Tribulation Force. He looks pretty close to my view of Pitt.

                Personally, I could accept blatent anti-americans like Clooney or Baldwin as
                Pitt. Boo Hiss. I would rather not have a movie at all.

                later,

                killerkellerh