Re: Fire Ice

  • James
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
      Paul Kemprecos has been writing underwater adventure novels almost as
      long as Clive Cussler, albeit not in the the number and in a
      different genre. PK wrote a series of mysteries in the 1980s and
      1990s with his hero and central character as Aristotle "Soc"
      Socarides, a fisherman private eye, set on Cape Cod. I think these
      are better stories than the collaboration, but still enjoy the
      collaboration effort by two of my favorite authors.

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Silkwind"
      <silkwind@m...> wrote:
      > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
      > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
      4. My
      > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
      said he didn
      > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
      really our
      > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
      How do
      > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
      of novels?
      > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
      Cussler
      > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
      adventures. I
      > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
      >

      > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
      > silkwind@m...
      > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
    • wayneschroer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
        I have been reading Clive Cussler novels for about two years now. I
        have almost read them all. Since I started reading with Dirk Pitt I
        definately like him more as a character. I think that the Kurt
        Austin books are steadily getting better. I haven't decided whether
        it is simply because I am used to Pitt that I didn't like the first
        couple Austin books, but Fire Ice is definately the best of them.
        Hopefully they will continue to get progressively better over time.
        Kemprecos is no Clive Cussler, but he seems to be getting the hang of
        it more. Give me a CC, PK novel anyday over a Modern Business
        Statistics book. :) That kinda goes without saying though doesn't it.
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James" <covediver@y...>