Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 92

  • flintderick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, James DeRuvo
      <jamesderuvo@y...> wrote:
      > Not to mention that if Cussler wanted to sell out, he
      > certainly didn't have to wait nearly THIRTY years to
      > do it.> I used to think that , But have you seen the prices athe
      the auction in Scottsdale this year?

      > In the end, it's going to be pretty impossible to make
      > everyone happy as to who will play Pitt. Frankly, I'm
      > not thrilled with McC, but I'm also privy to the way
      > Hollywood works.> Or doesn't as the case may be
      >
      > Back to Cruise, Anne Rice HATED the fact that Tom
      > Cruise played the lead roll in Interview with a
      > Vampire. HATED IT! Cruise changed her mind. I don't
      > think that would be the case with Pitt, mind you, but
      > there are times when the actor can indeed suprise you.>
      I'm no fan of Cruise either but even he would be a better
      choice/He can pass for A California native/ yeah he is short
      but he can act (I use LeState and Far and Away as evidence)/
      and as an SCCA race driver, Pilot , and collecter of vintage
      Motorcycles has some thing in common with Pitt. I WOULD HATE
      CRUISE IN THE ROLE! BUt I would hold out more hope for a better
      result given the choice between the two, the flu or SARS neither
      desirable but here is a lesser of two evil's

      PS By the way Mc. sucked out loud in Reign of Fire Christian Bale
      Carried the film and might not be a bad Pitt!