Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 92

  • James DeRuvo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Not to mention that if Cussler wanted to sell out, he
      certainly didn't have to wait nearly THIRTY years to
      do it.

      In the end, it's going to be pretty impossible to make
      everyone happy as to who will play Pitt. Frankly, I'm
      not thrilled with McC, but I'm also privy to the way
      Hollywood works.

      Back to Cruise, Anne Rice HATED the fact that Tom
      Cruise played the lead roll in Interview with a
      Vampire. HATED IT! Cruise changed her mind. I don't
      think that would be the case with Pitt, mind you, but
      there are times when the actor can indeed suprise you.

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:24:34 +0100
      > From: "Tristan Black" <blacktristan@...>
      > Subject: RE: Digest Number 90
      >
      > Flintderick and Fans,
      >
      > I agree with James. I have been watching this string
      > for some time now. Waiting to see who will play
      > Dirk has been interesting as everyone puts their 2
      > bits in ...

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • flintderick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, James DeRuvo
        <jamesderuvo@y...> wrote:
        > Not to mention that if Cussler wanted to sell out, he
        > certainly didn't have to wait nearly THIRTY years to
        > do it.> I used to think that , But have you seen the prices athe
        the auction in Scottsdale this year?

        > In the end, it's going to be pretty impossible to make
        > everyone happy as to who will play Pitt. Frankly, I'm
        > not thrilled with McC, but I'm also privy to the way
        > Hollywood works.> Or doesn't as the case may be
        >
        > Back to Cruise, Anne Rice HATED the fact that Tom
        > Cruise played the lead roll in Interview with a
        > Vampire. HATED IT! Cruise changed her mind. I don't
        > think that would be the case with Pitt, mind you, but
        > there are times when the actor can indeed suprise you.>
        I'm no fan of Cruise either but even he would be a better
        choice/He can pass for A California native/ yeah he is short
        but he can act (I use LeState and Far and Away as evidence)/
        and as an SCCA race driver, Pilot , and collecter of vintage
        Motorcycles has some thing in common with Pitt. I WOULD HATE
        CRUISE IN THE ROLE! BUt I would hold out more hope for a better
        result given the choice between the two, the flu or SARS neither
        desirable but here is a lesser of two evil's

        PS By the way Mc. sucked out loud in Reign of Fire Christian Bale
        Carried the film and might not be a bad Pitt!