RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 90

  • Tristan Black
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Flintderick and Fans,

      I agree with James. I have been watching this string for some time now.
      Waiting to see who will play Dirk has been interesting as everyone puts
      their 2 bits in. Matt McC couldn't possibly be as bad as you say. He
      wasn't all that bad in Reign of Fire and let's be real here, NOT having
      Cruise is a good thing. This has been going on too long and I just want
      them to sort out the casting ASAP so that we can actually watch the damn
      movie.
      It's been waaaay to long in pre-pre-production. Let's see some action
      already Crusader!!

      Tristan

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, James DeRuvo
        <jamesderuvo@y...> wrote:
        > flintderick,
        >
        > Don't over-react. You're talking about a man who uses
        > a soap actor (John Callahan) as the mental image of
        > what Dirk looks like.> No I'm Talking about a SELL OUT that
        is more concerned in Wreck Diving and Car collecting (Both
        worthy endevers) Than seeing "Sahara" done right>

        > Cussler hasn't sold out, but there are certain
        > realities about dealing with Hollywood.> The reality is that
        Studios don't care about people who read, and the only way an
        authors vision get to the screen is when he has the guts and
        fortitute to stand up or walk>
        > Let's wait and withhold judgement. If the film comes
        > out and it's crap, then feel free to spend no more
        > money, but wait and see. You never know.> I don't need to wait and
        see a train wreck if the locomotive is off the track I get the hell
        out of the way I don't hope that the outcome is pleasent.>

        > ANd hey, it could be worse, Tom Cruise could be Pitt!> As vile as
        Tom Cruise would be at least he can pass for a Californian!