Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 90

  • James DeRuvo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      flintderick,

      Don't over-react. You're talking about a man who uses
      a soap actor (John Callahan) as the mental image of
      what Dirk looks like.

      Cussler hasn't sold out, but there are certain
      realities about dealing with Hollywood.

      Let's wait and withhold judgement. If the film comes
      out and it's crap, then feel free to spend no more
      money, but wait and see. You never know.

      ANd hey, it could be worse, Tom Cruise could be Pitt!

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Tristan Black
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        Flintderick and Fans,

        I agree with James. I have been watching this string for some time now.
        Waiting to see who will play Dirk has been interesting as everyone puts
        their 2 bits in. Matt McC couldn't possibly be as bad as you say. He
        wasn't all that bad in Reign of Fire and let's be real here, NOT having
        Cruise is a good thing. This has been going on too long and I just want
        them to sort out the casting ASAP so that we can actually watch the damn
        movie.
        It's been waaaay to long in pre-pre-production. Let's see some action
        already Crusader!!

        Tristan

        Don't over-react. You're talking about a man who uses
        a soap actor (John Callahan) as the mental image of
        what Dirk looks like.

        Cussler hasn't sold out, but there are certain
        realities about dealing with Hollywood.

        Let's wait and withhold judgement. If the film comes
        out and it's crap, then feel free to spend no more
        money, but wait and see. You never know.

        ANd hey, it could be worse, Tom Cruise could be Pitt!

        http://calendar.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        019650:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16npeodpd/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLm
        Rhd=1054397404%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050196
        50:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1054397404%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egro
        upweb/S=1705019650:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=575851389>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • flintderick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, James DeRuvo
          <jamesderuvo@y...> wrote:
          > flintderick,
          >
          > Don't over-react. You're talking about a man who uses
          > a soap actor (John Callahan) as the mental image of
          > what Dirk looks like.> No I'm Talking about a SELL OUT that
          is more concerned in Wreck Diving and Car collecting (Both
          worthy endevers) Than seeing "Sahara" done right>

          > Cussler hasn't sold out, but there are certain
          > realities about dealing with Hollywood.> The reality is that
          Studios don't care about people who read, and the only way an
          authors vision get to the screen is when he has the guts and
          fortitute to stand up or walk>
          > Let's wait and withhold judgement. If the film comes
          > out and it's crap, then feel free to spend no more
          > money, but wait and see. You never know.> I don't need to wait and
          see a train wreck if the locomotive is off the track I get the hell
          out of the way I don't hope that the outcome is pleasent.>

          > ANd hey, it could be worse, Tom Cruise could be Pitt!> As vile as
          Tom Cruise would be at least he can pass for a Californian!