Fire Ice

  • Silkwind
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16 8:29 AM
      I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
      Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of 4. My
      husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He said he didn
      t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's really our
      most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....). How do
      others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality of novels?
      To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that Cussler
      gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible adventures. I
      m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!

      Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
      silkwind@...
      www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
    • flintderick
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16 9:22 AM
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com,
        Of the three Kurt Austin Novels Fire Ice in the best so far I think
        because like the Pitt Novels It focused mostly on Austin rather than
        the team.The Ivan Charecter was exelent but the guy is no Dirk Pitt
        besides what about the twins? How will Cussler work them into the
        next book? Remember how Raymond Benson delt with The Child of James
        Bond and Kissy Susiki. HUMMM?

        Mark
        "Silkwind" <silkwind@m...> wrote:
        > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
        > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
        4. My
        > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
        said he didn
        > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
        really our
        > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
        How do
        > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
        of novels?
        > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
        Cussler
        > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
        adventures. I
        > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
        >

        > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
        > silkwind@m...
        > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
      • James
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
          Paul Kemprecos has been writing underwater adventure novels almost as
          long as Clive Cussler, albeit not in the the number and in a
          different genre. PK wrote a series of mysteries in the 1980s and
          1990s with his hero and central character as Aristotle "Soc"
          Socarides, a fisherman private eye, set on Cape Cod. I think these
          are better stories than the collaboration, but still enjoy the
          collaboration effort by two of my favorite authors.

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Silkwind"
          <silkwind@m...> wrote:
          > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
          > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
          4. My
          > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
          said he didn
          > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
          really our
          > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
          How do
          > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
          of novels?
          > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
          Cussler
          > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
          adventures. I
          > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
          >

          > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
          > silkwind@m...
          > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
        • wayneschroer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
            I have been reading Clive Cussler novels for about two years now. I
            have almost read them all. Since I started reading with Dirk Pitt I
            definately like him more as a character. I think that the Kurt
            Austin books are steadily getting better. I haven't decided whether
            it is simply because I am used to Pitt that I didn't like the first
            couple Austin books, but Fire Ice is definately the best of them.
            Hopefully they will continue to get progressively better over time.
            Kemprecos is no Clive Cussler, but he seems to be getting the hang of
            it more. Give me a CC, PK novel anyday over a Modern Business
            Statistics book. :) That kinda goes without saying though doesn't it.
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James" <covediver@y...>