Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Treat Williams ?

  • Silkwind
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2003
      I agree with you and your dad about Harrison Ford, Kurt Russell, and Mel
      Gibson. They are among my favorites because they are rugged and debonair at
      the same time! I think Matthew McConahay is too immature to play this role.
      His 'wit' is childish and he's got a goofy grin! I don't know who Joshua
      Hartman and Howie Long are! I'm the wrong generation I think! VBG

      Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
      silkwind@...
      www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

    • swaygirloz
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2003
        Dirk is a hard one to pick... The guy needs to be craggy... a few
        wrinkles... scars etc... but he also needs to be good looking... not
        a "pretty boy"... a guy who is not handsome to start with, but after
        a few minutes, EVERYONE wants to hang out with him.

        I remember reading once on a Cussler site that he did have Tom
        Selleck in mind when he was writing the books. (Urban myth?) But he's
        the guy I imagine when I read the books.

        McConahey is TOO pretty. And I hate to say this, so is Hugh Jackman.

        And as for Al... tough one too... a short, curly haired italian,
        built like a brick wall.

        Who's up for the Admiral? Rudi? (I always imagine Gary Sinise in horn
        rimmed glasses for him!)
      • keller hackbusch
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2003
          Joshua Hartman was the star of "Black Hawk Down" and Howie Long was the old
          Oakland Raiders Linebacker that now cohosts the fox sunday football show.

          also, go check out:

          http://www.cusslermen.com/News.htm

          there is a pic of Matthew and some great articles too, but Matthew actually
          looks "Pitt-ish" in this photo.

          ;)

          killerkeller

          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2003
            I think his name is actually Josh Hartnet... Not sure of the
            spelling... But he was also in Pearl Harbour, The Faculty, Here on
            Earth and Halloween:H2O... plus some other stuff I think. He's a
            pretty good actor... and he might make a fine "young" Dirk Pitt.

            Even after looking at the pic of Matthew... he is still TOO pretty!
          • keller hackbusch
            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2003
              Thanks for the correction on Josh's name, I am not even sure what I wrote.
              What a dork. Well, as far as matt goes, I guess we'll just have to see what
              happens with the film. As long as the story is true to the character and
              the Cussler world, I'll be entertained.

              What other authors are you reading lately?

              I have been reading the Kurt Austin Stories, finally, but I also have been
              reading Nelson Demille. I finished Plum Island and Lions Game recently.
              Both books are in my top ten, and Lions game might be in my top three favs.
              I also tried James Patterson, but could only finish 1 out of the 3 I tried,
              so I am done with him.

              killerkellerh