Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Treat Williams ?

  • Silkwind
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2003
      Killer Keller,
      Treat Williams could perhaps pull it off. Have to keep in mind a partner
      actor to play Giordano. Have to be compatible. What about Michael Douglas?
      Probably too expensive to get, but I think he can present a "Dirk"
      character after seeing him in Romancing The Stone. Maybe even Kurt
      Russell?? I think Kevin Costner is too bad of an actor with little emotion
      to play the character. And I think the same of the fellow that plays in JAG
      That is one of my favorite shows but he doesn't have the toughness or
      cragginess to pull it off. Maybe Pierce Bronson?? I think he'd be a little
      stiff....but he'd have the stature. Richard Gere is too short, so is Tom
      Cruise (also too young), Arnie Swartzenneger too muscled and with accent,
      Harrison Ford would be perfect, but too expensive. What about James Spader?
      Could he make the stretch??

      Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
      silkwind@...
      www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2003
        Nancy,

        I'll give you pierce brosnan. I think He has the face, but not the manly
        look. I am shocked that you would even put richard gere and dirk pitt in
        the same sentence!!! Yuck!!! and tom cruise!! Yuck!!!

        Just giving you a hard time...

        We also have to remember that Dirk Pitt has been around for 20 years or so
        and the character has aged, so a younger actor could play the role of the
        younger Pitt from the early books. What about Joshua Hartman for a young
        Pitt right out of the airforce in his first mission.

        I didn't get your take on Matthew McConahay...what do you think?

        My dad and I have been debating this issue for about 15 years and we like
        harrison ford, kurt russel, and even mel gibson...The role of Al though is
        almost impossible, unless you find an unknown.

        What do you think about Kurt Austin? Who would you have play him? Young,
        tall, large physic...

        How about Howie Long? He did an action movie once.

        killerkeller

      • Silkwind
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2003
          I agree with you and your dad about Harrison Ford, Kurt Russell, and Mel
          Gibson. They are among my favorites because they are rugged and debonair at
          the same time! I think Matthew McConahay is too immature to play this role.
          His 'wit' is childish and he's got a goofy grin! I don't know who Joshua
          Hartman and Howie Long are! I'm the wrong generation I think! VBG

          Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
          silkwind@...
          www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

        • swaygirloz
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2003
            Dirk is a hard one to pick... The guy needs to be craggy... a few
            wrinkles... scars etc... but he also needs to be good looking... not
            a "pretty boy"... a guy who is not handsome to start with, but after
            a few minutes, EVERYONE wants to hang out with him.

            I remember reading once on a Cussler site that he did have Tom
            Selleck in mind when he was writing the books. (Urban myth?) But he's
            the guy I imagine when I read the books.

            McConahey is TOO pretty. And I hate to say this, so is Hugh Jackman.

            And as for Al... tough one too... a short, curly haired italian,
            built like a brick wall.

            Who's up for the Admiral? Rudi? (I always imagine Gary Sinise in horn
            rimmed glasses for him!)
          • keller hackbusch
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6, 2003
              Joshua Hartman was the star of "Black Hawk Down" and Howie Long was the old
              Oakland Raiders Linebacker that now cohosts the fox sunday football show.

              also, go check out:

              http://www.cusslermen.com/News.htm

              there is a pic of Matthew and some great articles too, but Matthew actually
              looks "Pitt-ish" in this photo.

              ;)

              killerkeller

              Message 6 of 8 , May 7, 2003
                I think his name is actually Josh Hartnet... Not sure of the
                spelling... But he was also in Pearl Harbour, The Faculty, Here on
                Earth and Halloween:H2O... plus some other stuff I think. He's a
                pretty good actor... and he might make a fine "young" Dirk Pitt.

                Even after looking at the pic of Matthew... he is still TOO pretty!
              • keller hackbusch
                Message 7 of 8 , May 7, 2003
                  Thanks for the correction on Josh's name, I am not even sure what I wrote.
                  What a dork. Well, as far as matt goes, I guess we'll just have to see what
                  happens with the film. As long as the story is true to the character and
                  the Cussler world, I'll be entertained.

                  What other authors are you reading lately?

                  I have been reading the Kurt Austin Stories, finally, but I also have been
                  reading Nelson Demille. I finished Plum Island and Lions Game recently.
                  Both books are in my top ten, and Lions game might be in my top three favs.
                  I also tried James Patterson, but could only finish 1 out of the 3 I tried,
                  so I am done with him.

                  killerkellerh