Re: Show me the proof that McConaughey is endorsed by Cussler

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2003
      One of the reasons this movie has taken so long to get going is
      BECAUSE Clive Cussler has Creative Control over Casting, Directing
      and Writing. If he didn't agree it wouldn't be happening! He said it
      himself that if he isn't happy with the choice he won't let it
      happen. That is what Creative Control means. The announcement won't
      acutally be made until the Cannes Film Festival.

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, flintderick
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Sorry but with everything that has been going on in his personal
      life
      > I think this casting was more of a capitulation rather than an
      > endorsement. Producers rarely give a good crap what authors think
      > and studio heads think even less of their opinions. If Cussler
      comes
      > out and says This is the actor I see as Dirk Pitt I will stop
      sending
      > E-mails organising the boycott and endorse the project until then
      or
      > shooting begins I will try to stop this Turkey from hatching.I just
      > find it had to believe that Clive Cussler would cast a guy that was
      > arrested for running around naked with several male friends while
      > smoking pot and beating bongos. (Don't take my word for it check
      the
      > Austin Texas Police Blotter)
      >
      > Mark
    • flintderick
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2003
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <fhockeyf@y...>
        wrote:
        > One of the reasons this movie has taken so long to get going is
        > BECAUSE Clive Cussler has Creative Control over Casting, Directing
        > and Writing. If he didn't agree it wouldn't be happening! He said
        it
        > himself that if he isn't happy with the choice he won't let it
        > happen. That is what Creative Control means. The announcement
        won't
        > acutally be made until the Cannes Film Festival.

        So He may come to his sences!

        Ladies and Gentlemen of the press I give you the man who will play
        Dirk Pitt.........Pee Wee Herman!

        I know your are ,But what am I?
        Mark