Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Are you people on CRACK!

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
      Over a Movie? Life is to short for all of that anger to be directed
      to a Movie. Don't see it. That is your choice, but I will let the
      Author decide what is best. He didn't want Cruise so I believe he is
      doing the right thing.

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, flintderick
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > > Flintderick/mark
      > > Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god
      > sends
      > > him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
      > > refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
      > > understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that
      he
      > > doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler
      > has
      > > faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
      > > also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on
      the
      > > receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
      > > Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
      > > theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey
      will
      > > prove to be a good one.
      > >
      > > Debbie
      >
      > Debbie:
      >
      > I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasum of Jorden repries the
      > role. You want a reality check ? Here's one. Matthew McConaughey
      > blows monkey chow as an actor. As proof I offer " U
      571","EdTV", "How
      > to lose a Boyfriend in 10 days","Contact" ,"Texas Chinsaw Massacre
      > 4", and The John Grisham film with Samual L Jackson that he
      > mutalated. He is to the Motion Picture what AIDS is to the human
      > race , a plague! Ok Jackman won't do it fine who the hell heard of
      > Hugh Jackman before X-Men? No one. Find an unknown to play the role
      > its not like McConaughey is a draw or anything. Even with the
      > adorable Kate Hudson at his side people stayed away in droves from
      > his last film. If not an unknown 5 actors off the top of my head
      who
      > would be superior choices.David James Eliot (Jag),Dominic Purcell
      > (John Doe),Micheal Madsen(Reservoir Dogs),Kurt Russel(Executive
      > Decision)or even David Boreanaz.For that matter David Spade or
      Bobcat
      > Goldthwait would do a better job than McConaughey. The bottom line
      is
      > McConaughey can't pull it off the film will suck and 20 years from
      > now Paramount will be talking a deal with Dirk Cussler on Treasure
      > with Hally Joel Osment as Dirk Pitt! The circle goes round the only
      > way to win is not to play. I refuse to see "Sahara" if McConaughey
      is
      > playing Pitt he is in a word CREEPY. I have let Crusader know my
      > feelings . I am getting my friends to do the same. If something is
      > wrong you can let it go or do what Pitt would do. Fight it!
      >
      > I choose to Fight
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > PS:If McConaughey was Cusslers choice , maybe he was drunk, or on
      bad
      > medication or was overcome by car wax fumes and not thinking
      straight
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
        movies are the modern version of stories around the
        fire...something humans have done since the very
        beginning. long memories were what we used to pass
        our cultural stories down to our descendants. movies
        are the current version of that same thing. they can
        be preserved is a different way.

        dirk pitt is the epitomy of the Hero is written form.
        it is right and just to have it accurate.

        pamela

        =====

        http://search.yahoo.com