Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Are you people on CRACK!

  • flintderick
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003

      > Flintderick/mark
      > Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god
      sends
      > him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
      > refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
      > understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that he
      > doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler
      has
      > faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
      > also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on the
      > receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
      > Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
      > theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey will
      > prove to be a good one.
      >
      > Debbie

      Debbie:

      I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasum of Jorden repries the
      role. You want a reality check ? Here's one. Matthew McConaughey
      blows monkey chow as an actor. As proof I offer " U 571","EdTV", "How
      to lose a Boyfriend in 10 days","Contact" ,"Texas Chinsaw Massacre
      4", and The John Grisham film with Samual L Jackson that he
      mutalated. He is to the Motion Picture what AIDS is to the human
      race , a plague! Ok Jackman won't do it fine who the hell heard of
      Hugh Jackman before X-Men? No one. Find an unknown to play the role
      its not like McConaughey is a draw or anything. Even with the
      adorable Kate Hudson at his side people stayed away in droves from
      his last film. If not an unknown 5 actors off the top of my head who
      would be superior choices.David James Eliot (Jag),Dominic Purcell
      (John Doe),Micheal Madsen(Reservoir Dogs),Kurt Russel(Executive
      Decision)or even David Boreanaz.For that matter David Spade or Bobcat
      Goldthwait would do a better job than McConaughey. The bottom line is
      McConaughey can't pull it off the film will suck and 20 years from
      now Paramount will be talking a deal with Dirk Cussler on Treasure
      with Hally Joel Osment as Dirk Pitt! The circle goes round the only
      way to win is not to play. I refuse to see "Sahara" if McConaughey is
      playing Pitt he is in a word CREEPY. I have let Crusader know my
      feelings . I am getting my friends to do the same. If something is
      wrong you can let it go or do what Pitt would do. Fight it!

      I choose to Fight

      Mark

      PS:If McConaughey was Cusslers choice , maybe he was drunk, or on bad
      medication or was overcome by car wax fumes and not thinking straight
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
        WOW I agree that he is not the best for the role. I always thought
        find an unknown for both Dirk and Al, Jackman would have been better
        but some actors are lead around by agents that dont know crap, if he
        would pick up any book and read it he would see that it could be
        bigger than Indiana Jones.Does he know how to read? McConaughey is
        better that the runt. I will go see it but I'll be thinking ,as I do
        with Indiana Jones would Tom Selleck have been a better Indy I think
        yes. Jackman would be better but we'll have to wait and see. he might
        do a great job he might not
        Baba

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, flintderick
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > > Flintderick/mark
        > > Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god
        > sends
        > > him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
        > > refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
        > > understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that
        he
        > > doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler
        > has
        > > faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
        > > also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on
        the
        > > receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
        > > Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
        > > theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey
        will
        > > prove to be a good one.
        > >
        > > Debbie
        >
        > Debbie:
        >
        > I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasum of Jorden repries the
        > role. You want a reality check ? Here's one. Matthew McConaughey
        > blows monkey chow as an actor. As proof I offer " U
        571","EdTV", "How
        > to lose a Boyfriend in 10 days","Contact" ,"Texas Chinsaw Massacre
        > 4", and The John Grisham film with Samual L Jackson that he
        > mutalated. He is to the Motion Picture what AIDS is to the human
        > race , a plague! Ok Jackman won't do it fine who the hell heard of
        > Hugh Jackman before X-Men? No one. Find an unknown to play the role
        > its not like McConaughey is a draw or anything. Even with the
        > adorable Kate Hudson at his side people stayed away in droves from
        > his last film. If not an unknown 5 actors off the top of my head
        who
        > would be superior choices.David James Eliot (Jag),Dominic Purcell
        > (John Doe),Micheal Madsen(Reservoir Dogs),Kurt Russel(Executive
        > Decision)or even David Boreanaz.For that matter David Spade or
        Bobcat
        > Goldthwait would do a better job than McConaughey. The bottom line
        is
        > McConaughey can't pull it off the film will suck and 20 years from
        > now Paramount will be talking a deal with Dirk Cussler on Treasure
        > with Hally Joel Osment as Dirk Pitt! The circle goes round the only
        > way to win is not to play. I refuse to see "Sahara" if McConaughey
        is
        > playing Pitt he is in a word CREEPY. I have let Crusader know my
        > feelings . I am getting my friends to do the same. If something is
        > wrong you can let it go or do what Pitt would do. Fight it!
        >
        > I choose to Fight
        >
        > Mark
        >
        > PS:If McConaughey was Cusslers choice , maybe he was drunk, or on
        bad
        > medication or was overcome by car wax fumes and not thinking
        straight
      • Deb
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
          Over a Movie? Life is to short for all of that anger to be directed
          to a Movie. Don't see it. That is your choice, but I will let the
          Author decide what is best. He didn't want Cruise so I believe he is
          doing the right thing.

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > > Flintderick/mark
          > > Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god
          > sends
          > > him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
          > > refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
          > > understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that
          he
          > > doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler
          > has
          > > faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
          > > also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on
          the
          > > receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
          > > Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
          > > theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey
          will
          > > prove to be a good one.
          > >
          > > Debbie
          >
          > Debbie:
          >
          > I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasum of Jorden repries the
          > role. You want a reality check ? Here's one. Matthew McConaughey
          > blows monkey chow as an actor. As proof I offer " U
          571","EdTV", "How
          > to lose a Boyfriend in 10 days","Contact" ,"Texas Chinsaw Massacre
          > 4", and The John Grisham film with Samual L Jackson that he
          > mutalated. He is to the Motion Picture what AIDS is to the human
          > race , a plague! Ok Jackman won't do it fine who the hell heard of
          > Hugh Jackman before X-Men? No one. Find an unknown to play the role
          > its not like McConaughey is a draw or anything. Even with the
          > adorable Kate Hudson at his side people stayed away in droves from
          > his last film. If not an unknown 5 actors off the top of my head
          who
          > would be superior choices.David James Eliot (Jag),Dominic Purcell
          > (John Doe),Micheal Madsen(Reservoir Dogs),Kurt Russel(Executive
          > Decision)or even David Boreanaz.For that matter David Spade or
          Bobcat
          > Goldthwait would do a better job than McConaughey. The bottom line
          is
          > McConaughey can't pull it off the film will suck and 20 years from
          > now Paramount will be talking a deal with Dirk Cussler on Treasure
          > with Hally Joel Osment as Dirk Pitt! The circle goes round the only
          > way to win is not to play. I refuse to see "Sahara" if McConaughey
          is
          > playing Pitt he is in a word CREEPY. I have let Crusader know my
          > feelings . I am getting my friends to do the same. If something is
          > wrong you can let it go or do what Pitt would do. Fight it!
          >
          > I choose to Fight
          >
          > Mark
          >
          > PS:If McConaughey was Cusslers choice , maybe he was drunk, or on
          bad
          > medication or was overcome by car wax fumes and not thinking
          straight
        • travelershome
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
            movies are the modern version of stories around the
            fire...something humans have done since the very
            beginning. long memories were what we used to pass
            our cultural stories down to our descendants. movies
            are the current version of that same thing. they can
            be preserved is a different way.

            dirk pitt is the epitomy of the Hero is written form.
            it is right and just to have it accurate.

            pamela

            =====

            http://search.yahoo.com