Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Are you people on CRACK!

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
      jackman is the only one to do this role. matthew is
      not the perfect choice by any means.

      i wrote to every jackman e-club and asked them to vote
      for him on the producer website. i wrote to the local
      man here in denver who owns part of the company that
      is producing. i wrote to jackman himself via all of
      his agents. all to no avail. he went right ahead and
      is filming that vampire killer movie which has been
      done. i also wrote to mr. cussler and told him all
      the above..for which i received thanks and
      appreciation...still jackman did not take the role.
      he is dirk as far as i am concerned. there is no one
      else who can really do it justice.

      what i would really hate to see is for dirk to be
      ruined again. he is such a distinctive character and
      could really be done well by jackman. foolish choice
      on his part. mr. cussler even delayed filming so he
      could finish x2, and jackman still did not take the
      role. this would have been the crowning achievement
      to his career and he chose not to take it.

      both his loss, ours and mr cussler.

      pamela shearheart

      =====

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
        <travelershome@y...> wrote:
        > jackman is the only one to do this role. matthew is
        > not the perfect choice by any means.
        >
        > i wrote to every jackman e-club and asked them to vote
        > for him on the producer website. i wrote to the local
        > man here in denver who owns part of the company that
        > is producing. i wrote to jackman himself via all of
        > his agents. all to no avail. he went right ahead and
        > is filming that vampire killer movie which has been
        > done. i also wrote to mr. cussler and told him all
        > the above..for which i received thanks and
        > appreciation...still jackman did not take the role.
        > he is dirk as far as i am concerned. there is no one
        > else who can really do it justice.
        >

        > what i would really hate to see is for dirk to be
        > ruined again. he is such a distinctive character and
        > could really be done well by jackman. foolish choice
        > on his part. mr. cussler even delayed filming so he
        > could finish x2, and jackman still did not take the
        > role. this would have been the crowning achievement
        > to his career and he chose not to take it.
        >

        > both his loss, ours and mr cussler.
        >
        > pamela shearheart

        Pamela,
        I agree that Jackman would have been perfect, but the reality is he
        won't be doing it, so we must go with Mr. Cusslers next choice. He
        had the last say-so on who would play the role, so I will trust is
        judgement. I do hope they dye his hair dark.

        Flintderick/mark
        Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god sends
        him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
        refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
        understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that he
        doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler has
        faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
        also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on the
        receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
        Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
        theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey will
        prove to be a good one.

        Debbie
      • flintderick
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003

          > Flintderick/mark
          > Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god
          sends
          > him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
          > refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
          > understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that he
          > doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler
          has
          > faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
          > also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on the
          > receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
          > Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
          > theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey will
          > prove to be a good one.
          >
          > Debbie

          Debbie:

          I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasum of Jorden repries the
          role. You want a reality check ? Here's one. Matthew McConaughey
          blows monkey chow as an actor. As proof I offer " U 571","EdTV", "How
          to lose a Boyfriend in 10 days","Contact" ,"Texas Chinsaw Massacre
          4", and The John Grisham film with Samual L Jackson that he
          mutalated. He is to the Motion Picture what AIDS is to the human
          race , a plague! Ok Jackman won't do it fine who the hell heard of
          Hugh Jackman before X-Men? No one. Find an unknown to play the role
          its not like McConaughey is a draw or anything. Even with the
          adorable Kate Hudson at his side people stayed away in droves from
          his last film. If not an unknown 5 actors off the top of my head who
          would be superior choices.David James Eliot (Jag),Dominic Purcell
          (John Doe),Micheal Madsen(Reservoir Dogs),Kurt Russel(Executive
          Decision)or even David Boreanaz.For that matter David Spade or Bobcat
          Goldthwait would do a better job than McConaughey. The bottom line is
          McConaughey can't pull it off the film will suck and 20 years from
          now Paramount will be talking a deal with Dirk Cussler on Treasure
          with Hally Joel Osment as Dirk Pitt! The circle goes round the only
          way to win is not to play. I refuse to see "Sahara" if McConaughey is
          playing Pitt he is in a word CREEPY. I have let Crusader know my
          feelings . I am getting my friends to do the same. If something is
          wrong you can let it go or do what Pitt would do. Fight it!

          I choose to Fight

          Mark

          PS:If McConaughey was Cusslers choice , maybe he was drunk, or on bad
          medication or was overcome by car wax fumes and not thinking straight
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
            WOW I agree that he is not the best for the role. I always thought
            find an unknown for both Dirk and Al, Jackman would have been better
            but some actors are lead around by agents that dont know crap, if he
            would pick up any book and read it he would see that it could be
            bigger than Indiana Jones.Does he know how to read? McConaughey is
            better that the runt. I will go see it but I'll be thinking ,as I do
            with Indiana Jones would Tom Selleck have been a better Indy I think
            yes. Jackman would be better but we'll have to wait and see. he might
            do a great job he might not
            Baba

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, flintderick

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
              Over a Movie? Life is to short for all of that anger to be directed
              to a Movie. Don't see it. That is your choice, but I will let the
              Author decide what is best. He didn't want Cruise so I believe he is
              doing the right thing.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
                movies are the modern version of stories around the
                fire...something humans have done since the very
                beginning. long memories were what we used to pass
                our cultural stories down to our descendants. movies
                are the current version of that same thing. they can
                be preserved is a different way.

                dirk pitt is the epitomy of the Hero is written form.
                it is right and just to have it accurate.

                pamela

                =====

                http://search.yahoo.com