Are you people on CRACK!

  • flintderick
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16 8:55 PM
      This is a friggin disaster! Gee why not let richard Jordon Screw up
      the role again. McConaughey as Dirk Pitt maybe in Bizarro World! Hell
      George Clooney would be better Than McConaughey and he'd suck out
      loud! Jackman was perfect for the role. McConaughey is incapable of
      speaking without a southern accent Pitt may have scars, a few bumps
      and brusies but he does not have a southern accent . What are they
      going to do dub this chump? In the word of probably the last film
      where the writer had any control.

      "It's over Wormer dropped the big one!"

      I think it is very typical of Hollywood to take advantage of Mr
      Cusslers grief to pull this off. Once again the studio had a good
      thing an a Focus group led by mindless 14 year old has screwed it up.
      Whats next Jamie Kennedy as Foss Gly and Saundra Bullok as Lauren
      Smith.

      If we the people who bought the books, made them bestsellers , took
      the time to join fan groups don't demand integrity in the project
      what's the point of having a group.

      Pissed off and Boycotting the Movie
      Mark

      PS: The guy is Creepy looking,my girlfriend thinks he looks like a
      serial killer.
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16 9:04 PM
        jackman is the only one to do this role. matthew is
        not the perfect choice by any means.

        i wrote to every jackman e-club and asked them to vote
        for him on the producer website. i wrote to the local
        man here in denver who owns part of the company that
        is producing. i wrote to jackman himself via all of
        his agents. all to no avail. he went right ahead and
        is filming that vampire killer movie which has been
        done. i also wrote to mr. cussler and told him all
        the above..for which i received thanks and
        appreciation...still jackman did not take the role.
        he is dirk as far as i am concerned. there is no one
        else who can really do it justice.

        what i would really hate to see is for dirk to be
        ruined again. he is such a distinctive character and
        could really be done well by jackman. foolish choice
        on his part. mr. cussler even delayed filming so he
        could finish x2, and jackman still did not take the
        role. this would have been the crowning achievement
        to his career and he chose not to take it.

        both his loss, ours and mr cussler.

        pamela shearheart

        =====

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Deb
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17 7:16 AM
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
          <travelershome@y...> wrote:
          > jackman is the only one to do this role. matthew is
          > not the perfect choice by any means.
          >
          > i wrote to every jackman e-club and asked them to vote
          > for him on the producer website. i wrote to the local
          > man here in denver who owns part of the company that
          > is producing. i wrote to jackman himself via all of
          > his agents. all to no avail. he went right ahead and
          > is filming that vampire killer movie which has been
          > done. i also wrote to mr. cussler and told him all
          > the above..for which i received thanks and
          > appreciation...still jackman did not take the role.
          > he is dirk as far as i am concerned. there is no one
          > else who can really do it justice.
          >

          > what i would really hate to see is for dirk to be
          > ruined again. he is such a distinctive character and
          > could really be done well by jackman. foolish choice
          > on his part. mr. cussler even delayed filming so he
          > could finish x2, and jackman still did not take the
          > role. this would have been the crowning achievement
          > to his career and he chose not to take it.
          >

          > both his loss, ours and mr cussler.
          >
          > pamela shearheart

          Pamela,
          I agree that Jackman would have been perfect, but the reality is he
          won't be doing it, so we must go with Mr. Cusslers next choice. He
          had the last say-so on who would play the role, so I will trust is
          judgement. I do hope they dye his hair dark.

          Flintderick/mark
          Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god sends
          him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
          refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
          understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that he
          doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler has
          faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
          also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on the
          receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
          Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
          theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey will
          prove to be a good one.

          Debbie
        • flintderick
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 17 9:19 AM

            > Flintderick/mark
            > Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god
            sends
            > him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
            > refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
            > understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that he
            > doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler
            has
            > faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
            > also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on the
            > receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
            > Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
            > theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey will
            > prove to be a good one.
            >
            > Debbie

            Debbie:

            I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasum of Jorden repries the
            role. You want a reality check ? Here's one. Matthew McConaughey
            blows monkey chow as an actor. As proof I offer " U 571","EdTV", "How
            to lose a Boyfriend in 10 days","Contact" ,"Texas Chinsaw Massacre
            4", and The John Grisham film with Samual L Jackson that he
            mutalated. He is to the Motion Picture what AIDS is to the human
            race , a plague! Ok Jackman won't do it fine who the hell heard of
            Hugh Jackman before X-Men? No one. Find an unknown to play the role
            its not like McConaughey is a draw or anything. Even with the
            adorable Kate Hudson at his side people stayed away in droves from
            his last film. If not an unknown 5 actors off the top of my head who
            would be superior choices.David James Eliot (Jag),Dominic Purcell
            (John Doe),Micheal Madsen(Reservoir Dogs),Kurt Russel(Executive
            Decision)or even David Boreanaz.For that matter David Spade or Bobcat
            Goldthwait would do a better job than McConaughey. The bottom line is
            McConaughey can't pull it off the film will suck and 20 years from
            now Paramount will be talking a deal with Dirk Cussler on Treasure
            with Hally Joel Osment as Dirk Pitt! The circle goes round the only
            way to win is not to play. I refuse to see "Sahara" if McConaughey is
            playing Pitt he is in a word CREEPY. I have let Crusader know my
            feelings . I am getting my friends to do the same. If something is
            wrong you can let it go or do what Pitt would do. Fight it!

            I choose to Fight

            Mark

            PS:If McConaughey was Cusslers choice , maybe he was drunk, or on bad
            medication or was overcome by car wax fumes and not thinking straight
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17 11:19 AM
              WOW I agree that he is not the best for the role. I always thought
              find an unknown for both Dirk and Al, Jackman would have been better
              but some actors are lead around by agents that dont know crap, if he
              would pick up any book and read it he would see that it could be
              bigger than Indiana Jones.Does he know how to read? McConaughey is
              better that the runt. I will go see it but I'll be thinking ,as I do
              with Indiana Jones would Tom Selleck have been a better Indy I think
              yes. Jackman would be better but we'll have to wait and see. he might
              do a great job he might not
              Baba

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, flintderick

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 17 12:44 PM
                Over a Movie? Life is to short for all of that anger to be directed
                to a Movie. Don't see it. That is your choice, but I will let the
                Author decide what is best. He didn't want Cruise so I believe he is
                doing the right thing.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 17 7:59 PM
                  movies are the modern version of stories around the
                  fire...something humans have done since the very
                  beginning. long memories were what we used to pass
                  our cultural stories down to our descendants. movies
                  are the current version of that same thing. they can
                  be preserved is a different way.

                  dirk pitt is the epitomy of the Hero is written form.
                  it is right and just to have it accurate.

                  pamela

                  =====

                  http://search.yahoo.com