Re: Breaking News: McConaughey is Dirk!!

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 15, 2003
      at least it isnt Tom Cruise and its getting going

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <fhockeyf@y...>
      wrote:
      > I think he can pull it off, at least its not Tom Cruise. I am
      willing
      > to give him a chance. Hopefully they will dye his hair to be black
      or
      > dark brown so he has more of the "look".
      > Debbie
      >

      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "T.C." <tc_shark@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > McConaughey to join Crusader in 'Sahara' project
      > > April 14, 2003
      > >
      > > Matthew McConaughey is in final negotiations to star in and
      > executive
      > > produce Crusader Entertainment's big-screen adaptation of Clive
      > > Cussler's 1992 novel "Sahara" for director Breck Eisner. The
      > project
      > > will begin production in the fall, with Paramount Pictures
      > > distributing. "Sahara" is the first installment of the author's
      > best-
      > > selling Dirk Pitt series, about an intrepid adventurer and
      > explorer.
      > > The book centers on Pitt (McConaughey) searching the Sahara for a
      > > toxin that is killing marine life. McConaughey will executive
      > produce
      > > the project with Gus Gustawes, his producing partner in their
      j.k.
      > > livin prods. There are 13 Pitt books in Cussler's series, and
      > > Crusader hopes that "Sahara" will be the beginning of a franchise
      > > with McConaughey at the center. The actor, repped by ICM and
      > attorney
      > > Kevin Morris, most recently starred in Paramount Pictures' "How
      > > Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and is attached to star in and produce the
      > > studio's romantic comedy "Dear Delilah" (HR 4/9). (Zorianna Kit)
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16, 2003
        okay.. you're right. at least it is not the runt tom
        cruise. i can settle for matthew. he would not have
        much of a carreer without this anyway. he hasn't had
        all that many notable roles and this will at least
        give him a career. hugh jackman will always have
        work. pamela

        =====

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • danharrity
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 23, 2003
          I couldn't agree more: thank the Almighty it wasn't Tom Cruise.
          Matthew won't do a bad job of it at all, I think. Plus he's great eye
          candy. :)
        • flintderick
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 23, 2003
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "danharrity"
            <danharrity@y...> wrote:
            > I couldn't agree more: thank the Almighty it wasn't Tom Cruise.
            > Matthew won't do a bad job of it at all, I think. Plus he's great
            eye
            > candy. :)I have my answer. YOU ARE ON CRACK! EYE CANDY! YOU MUST BE
            NUTS FOR CHARLIE MANSON! WHAT A HUNK! Matthew McConaughey is at best
            creepy looking, has acting ability that makes Vin Diesel look like
            Laurence Oliver and for god sake Can't loose that Texas draw in and
            role to this point. Pitt is not from Texas! Pitt is not a Blond! Pitt
            is not a skinny pot smoking Austin Waste case.Pitt is not Matthew
            McConaughey. Once again The Studios have ruined a project before it
            starts.Heres an idea Lets cast the American Idol winner as Pitt gee
            America already loves him who cares if he's right for the role or can
            act!
            Mark
            PS As evidence of McConaugheys inability to act I offer in evidence
            his body of work EDTV, How to lose a guy in 10 days, Contact, The
            John Grissham film he did with Saundra Bullock and Samuel L Jackson
            and the coupe de gras Larger than Life.
          • swaygirloz
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
              how could a pot-smoking-while-dancing-around-the-house-naked-playing-
              the-bongos actor like Matt be Dirk Pitt? I'm not saying he's a bad
              actor or anything... but as Dirk Pitt? I don't think so... I know he
              is probably WAY too old for it now... But i really think it should
              have been Tom Selleck... or... at a stretch Hugh Jackman
            • flintderick
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Thank God for a voice of