Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Breaking News: McConaughey is Dirk!!

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2003
      this is terrible news. he cannot even act much less
      be dirk

      =====

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 15, 2003
        I think he can pull it off, at least its not Tom Cruise. I am willing
        to give him a chance. Hopefully they will dye his hair to be black or
        dark brown so he has more of the "look".
        Debbie

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "T.C." <tc_shark@h...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 15, 2003
          at least it isnt Tom Cruise and its getting going

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <fhockeyf@y...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 16, 2003
            okay.. you're right. at least it is not the runt tom
            cruise. i can settle for matthew. he would not have
            much of a carreer without this anyway. he hasn't had
            all that many notable roles and this will at least
            give him a career. hugh jackman will always have
            work. pamela

            =====

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • danharrity
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 23, 2003
              I couldn't agree more: thank the Almighty it wasn't Tom Cruise.
              Matthew won't do a bad job of it at all, I think. Plus he's great eye
              candy. :)
            • flintderick
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 23, 2003
                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "danharrity"
                <danharrity@y...> wrote:
                > I couldn't agree more: thank the Almighty it wasn't Tom Cruise.
                > Matthew won't do a bad job of it at all, I think. Plus he's great
                eye
                > candy. :)I have my answer. YOU ARE ON CRACK! EYE CANDY! YOU MUST BE
                NUTS FOR CHARLIE MANSON! WHAT A HUNK! Matthew McConaughey is at best
                creepy looking, has acting ability that makes Vin Diesel look like
                Laurence Oliver and for god sake Can't loose that Texas draw in and
                role to this point. Pitt is not from Texas! Pitt is not a Blond! Pitt
                is not a skinny pot smoking Austin Waste case.Pitt is not Matthew
                McConaughey. Once again The Studios have ruined a project before it
                starts.Heres an idea Lets cast the American Idol winner as Pitt gee
                America already loves him who cares if he's right for the role or can
                act!
                Mark
                PS As evidence of McConaugheys inability to act I offer in evidence
                his body of work EDTV, How to lose a guy in 10 days, Contact, The
                John Grissham film he did with Saundra Bullock and Samuel L Jackson
                and the coupe de gras Larger than Life.
              • swaygirloz
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
                  how could a pot-smoking-while-dancing-around-the-house-naked-playing-
                  the-bongos actor like Matt be Dirk Pitt? I'm not saying he's a bad
                  actor or anything... but as Dirk Pitt? I don't think so... I know he
                  is probably WAY too old for it now... But i really think it should
                  have been Tom Selleck... or... at a stretch Hugh Jackman
                • flintderick
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Thank God for a voice of