Breaking News: McConaughey is Dirk!!

  • T.C.
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2003
      McConaughey to join Crusader in 'Sahara' project
      April 14, 2003

      Matthew McConaughey is in final negotiations to star in and executive
      produce Crusader Entertainment's big-screen adaptation of Clive
      Cussler's 1992 novel "Sahara" for director Breck Eisner. The project
      will begin production in the fall, with Paramount Pictures
      distributing. "Sahara" is the first installment of the author's best-
      selling Dirk Pitt series, about an intrepid adventurer and explorer.
      The book centers on Pitt (McConaughey) searching the Sahara for a
      toxin that is killing marine life. McConaughey will executive produce
      the project with Gus Gustawes, his producing partner in their j.k.
      livin prods. There are 13 Pitt books in Cussler's series, and
      Crusader hopes that "Sahara" will be the beginning of a franchise
      with McConaughey at the center. The actor, repped by ICM and attorney
      Kevin Morris, most recently starred in Paramount Pictures' "How to
      Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and is attached to star in and produce the
      studio's romantic comedy "Dear Delilah" (HR 4/9). (Zorianna Kit)
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 14, 2003
        this is terrible news. he cannot even act much less
        be dirk

        =====

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Deb
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 15, 2003
          I think he can pull it off, at least its not Tom Cruise. I am willing
          to give him a chance. Hopefully they will dye his hair to be black or
          dark brown so he has more of the "look".
          Debbie

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "T.C." <tc_shark@h...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 15, 2003
            at least it isnt Tom Cruise and its getting going

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <fhockeyf@y...>

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 16, 2003
              okay.. you're right. at least it is not the runt tom
              cruise. i can settle for matthew. he would not have
              much of a carreer without this anyway. he hasn't had
              all that many notable roles and this will at least
              give him a career. hugh jackman will always have
              work. pamela

              =====

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • danharrity
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 23, 2003
                I couldn't agree more: thank the Almighty it wasn't Tom Cruise.
                Matthew won't do a bad job of it at all, I think. Plus he's great eye
                candy. :)
              • flintderick
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 23, 2003
                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "danharrity"
                  <danharrity@y...> wrote:
                  > I couldn't agree more: thank the Almighty it wasn't Tom Cruise.
                  > Matthew won't do a bad job of it at all, I think. Plus he's great
                  eye
                  > candy. :)I have my answer. YOU ARE ON CRACK! EYE CANDY! YOU MUST BE
                  NUTS FOR CHARLIE MANSON! WHAT A HUNK! Matthew McConaughey is at best
                  creepy looking, has acting ability that makes Vin Diesel look like
                  Laurence Oliver and for god sake Can't loose that Texas draw in and
                  role to this point. Pitt is not from Texas! Pitt is not a Blond! Pitt
                  is not a skinny pot smoking Austin Waste case.Pitt is not Matthew
                  McConaughey. Once again The Studios have ruined a project before it
                  starts.Heres an idea Lets cast the American Idol winner as Pitt gee
                  America already loves him who cares if he's right for the role or can
                  act!
                  Mark
                  PS As evidence of McConaugheys inability to act I offer in evidence
                  his body of work EDTV, How to lose a guy in 10 days, Contact, The
                  John Grissham film he did with Saundra Bullock and Samuel L Jackson
                  and the coupe de gras Larger than Life.
                • swaygirloz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
                    how could a pot-smoking-while-dancing-around-the-house-naked-playing-
                    the-bongos actor like Matt be Dirk Pitt? I'm not saying he's a bad
                    actor or anything... but as Dirk Pitt? I don't think so... I know he
                    is probably WAY too old for it now... But i really think it should
                    have been Tom Selleck... or... at a stretch Hugh Jackman
                  • flintderick
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
                      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Thank God for a voice of