Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara the movie

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
      i quite agree with your assessmentof tc. i encourage
      your continued voicing of your views about who should
      play dirk. they have already started preproduction
      or ratherstarted it just after all my mailings. i do
      not know where they are at this point/ i know some
      parts have been cast, but not the dirk part.

      gotta run--time to go to work. thanks for the mail

      pamela

      =====

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
        -I agree with you Pamala and Deb I just went to the web site voted
        and sent an e-mail voicing my concerns over them being stupid and
        casting a midget to play Dirk. If there was ever a part for him NOT
        to play its Dirk. I hope all CC fans voice your opinuon to Crusade
        you never know what might happen

        BABA

        -- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome

      • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
          Thank you I hope everyone who reads this does this also.

          Debbie
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

        • hukkleberri <hukkleberri@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
            <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
            > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
            play
            > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
            that
            > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
            us
            > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
            I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
            in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see any
            movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
            will be Dirk.
          • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
              Don't burst my bubble, I'm allowed to dream and believe ITS
              Christmas!!!!! :D anyway I know this is true but it doesn't hurt
              to let the "bean counters", as you put it, know that not everyone is
              happy with this choice (if indeed he is cast). If you think he will
              do fine great! but I don't think he's right and I will try to let
              them know this!!

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "hukkleberri
              <hukkleberri@y...>" <hukkleberri@y...> wrote:
              > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
              > <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
              > > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
              > play
              > > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
              > that
              > > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
              > us
              > > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
              > I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
              > in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see
              any
              > movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
              > will be Dirk.
            • Chris Hoekstra
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 21, 2003
                A Dirk Pitt movie. YEAH!!! Fall 2004 Sahara the movie comes to
                theaters. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405735

                My only problem is who the picked for Dirk: Matthew McConaughey. I
                just don't think Matthew McConaughey is Dirk Pitt. Visit
                http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018907 to read up on
                him.

                I do think they picked Al right: Steve Zahn. He looks like Al is
                described. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018972 to read up on him.

                Can't wait for the movie! Loved the book.