Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara the movie

  • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
      While I like a few of his movies I didn't have a "preset" notion of
      what the character should look like that he played. He is to "full"
      of himself and "pretty". I didn't watch mission impossible because I
      didn't think he was right for the part but..... I will continue to
      plead with other fans on other sites to start voiceing their
      opinions. Clive Cussler should have to concide to "star power" to
      sell his ideas.

      Debbie

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
      <travelershome@y...> wrote:
      > deb
      >
      > i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
      > this site and asked the members to write to the
      > crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
      > do so as well.
      >
      > as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
      > so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
      > many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
      > it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
      > "star" power. it is the many himself.
      >
      > =====

      > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
        i quite agree with your assessmentof tc. i encourage
        your continued voicing of your views about who should
        play dirk. they have already started preproduction
        or ratherstarted it just after all my mailings. i do
        not know where they are at this point/ i know some
        parts have been cast, but not the dirk part.

        gotta run--time to go to work. thanks for the mail

        pamela

        =====

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
          -I agree with you Pamala and Deb I just went to the web site voted
          and sent an e-mail voicing my concerns over them being stupid and
          casting a midget to play Dirk. If there was ever a part for him NOT
          to play its Dirk. I hope all CC fans voice your opinuon to Crusade
          you never know what might happen

          BABA

        • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
            Thank you I hope everyone who reads this does this also.

            Debbie
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

          • hukkleberri <hukkleberri@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
              <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
              > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
              play
              > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
              that
              > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
              us
              > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
              I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
              in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see any
              movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
              will be Dirk.
            • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                Don't burst my bubble, I'm allowed to dream and believe ITS
                Christmas!!!!! :D anyway I know this is true but it doesn't hurt
                to let the "bean counters", as you put it, know that not everyone is
                happy with this choice (if indeed he is cast). If you think he will
                do fine great! but I don't think he's right and I will try to let
                them know this!!

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "hukkleberri
                <hukkleberri@y...>" <hukkleberri@y...> wrote:
                > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                > <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                > > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                > play
                > > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                > that
                > > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                > us
                > > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                > I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                > in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see
                any
                > movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                > will be Dirk.
              • Chris Hoekstra
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 21, 2003
                  A Dirk Pitt movie. YEAH!!! Fall 2004 Sahara the movie comes to
                  theaters. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                  d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405735

                  My only problem is who the picked for Dirk: Matthew McConaughey. I
                  just don't think Matthew McConaughey is Dirk Pitt. Visit
                  http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018907 to read up on
                  him.

                  I do think they picked Al right: Steve Zahn. He looks like Al is
                  described. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                  d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018972 to read up on him.

                  Can't wait for the movie! Loved the book.