Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara the movie

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
      deb

      i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
      this site and asked the members to write to the
      crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
      do so as well.

      as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
      so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
      many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
      it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
      "star" power. it is the many himself.

      =====

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
        While I like a few of his movies I didn't have a "preset" notion of
        what the character should look like that he played. He is to "full"
        of himself and "pretty". I didn't watch mission impossible because I
        didn't think he was right for the part but..... I will continue to
        plead with other fans on other sites to start voiceing their
        opinions. Clive Cussler should have to concide to "star power" to
        sell his ideas.

        Debbie

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
        <travelershome@y...> wrote:
        > deb
        >
        > i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
        > this site and asked the members to write to the
        > crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
        > do so as well.
        >
        > as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
        > so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
        > many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
        > it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
        > "star" power. it is the many himself.
        >
        > =====

        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • travelershome
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
          i quite agree with your assessmentof tc. i encourage
          your continued voicing of your views about who should
          play dirk. they have already started preproduction
          or ratherstarted it just after all my mailings. i do
          not know where they are at this point/ i know some
          parts have been cast, but not the dirk part.

          gotta run--time to go to work. thanks for the mail

          pamela

          =====

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
            -I agree with you Pamala and Deb I just went to the web site voted
            and sent an e-mail voicing my concerns over them being stupid and
            casting a midget to play Dirk. If there was ever a part for him NOT
            to play its Dirk. I hope all CC fans voice your opinuon to Crusade
            you never know what might happen

            BABA

          • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
              Thank you I hope everyone who reads this does this also.

              Debbie
              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

            • hukkleberri <hukkleberri@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                play
                > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                that
                > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                us
                > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see any
                movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                will be Dirk.
              • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                  Don't burst my bubble, I'm allowed to dream and believe ITS
                  Christmas!!!!! :D anyway I know this is true but it doesn't hurt
                  to let the "bean counters", as you put it, know that not everyone is
                  happy with this choice (if indeed he is cast). If you think he will
                  do fine great! but I don't think he's right and I will try to let
                  them know this!!

                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "hukkleberri
                  <hukkleberri@y...>" <hukkleberri@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                  > <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                  > > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                  > play
                  > > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                  > that
                  > > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                  > us
                  > > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                  > I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                  > in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see
                  any
                  > movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                  > will be Dirk.
                • Chris Hoekstra
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 21, 2003
                    A Dirk Pitt movie. YEAH!!! Fall 2004 Sahara the movie comes to
                    theaters. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                    d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405735

                    My only problem is who the picked for Dirk: Matthew McConaughey. I
                    just don't think Matthew McConaughey is Dirk Pitt. Visit
                    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018907 to read up on
                    him.

                    I do think they picked Al right: Steve Zahn. He looks like Al is
                    described. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                    d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018972 to read up on him.

                    Can't wait for the movie! Loved the book.