Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara the movie

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
      i did that as well. i wrote to the man incharge in
      that area and he wrote back a one line message that he
      would keep my ideas in mind...or something to that
      effect. i even wrote to the local (Denver)
      billionaire who not only has a monetary interest in
      crusager film, but owns the regentcy theaters. i
      wrote to any and all i knew of, knew or had contacts
      through others via friends in the business in the la
      area. so it is jul but would any of them listen to
      me...nope of course i was on this crusade back in the
      summer. i had clives home address as he had written
      to me a few years ago and recently acquired his email
      address in AZ. he was very appreciative of my
      efforts, but hugh made his own decision to take the
      vamipire killer part. clive even held back filming to
      wait for hugh to finish X2, he took the other part.
      oh, well is all i can say.. he simply has no clue as
      to how popular these books are despite the fact that i
      mentioned how many of clive's books were on the ny
      best seller list, nor does he seem to realize the
      impact that this character could have on his career a
      combination of indiana jones and jack ryan . his
      loss

      pamela shearheart

      =====

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
        My dad used to say that if you don't want something you have to let
        someone know and often. So this is my thought behind doing this. to
        keep it up and maybe the right person will finally listen. but if we
        have to settle for TC maybe well be lucky and get a better one for
        the next movie. I hate having to "settle" because I feel that the
        character should be played by someone who would be believeable not
        just a "star".

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
        <travelershome@y...> wrote:
        > i did that as well. i wrote to the man incharge in
        > that area and he wrote back a one line message that he
        > would keep my ideas in mind...or something to that
        > effect. i even wrote to the local (Denver)
        > billionaire who not only has a monetary interest in
        > crusager film, but owns the regentcy theaters. i
        > wrote to any and all i knew of, knew or had contacts
        > through others via friends in the business in the la
        > area. so it is jul but would any of them listen to
        > me...nope of course i was on this crusade back in the
        > summer. i had clives home address as he had written
        > to me a few years ago and recently acquired his email
        > address in AZ. he was very appreciative of my
        > efforts, but hugh made his own decision to take the
        > vamipire killer part. clive even held back filming to
        > wait for hugh to finish X2, he took the other part.
        > oh, well is all i can say.. he simply has no clue as
        > to how popular these books are despite the fact that i
        > mentioned how many of clive's books were on the ny
        > best seller list, nor does he seem to realize the
        > impact that this character could have on his career a
        > combination of indiana jones and jack ryan . his
        > loss
        >
        > pamela shearheart
        >
        > =====

        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • travelershome
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
          deb

          i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
          this site and asked the members to write to the
          crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
          do so as well.

          as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
          so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
          many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
          it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
          "star" power. it is the many himself.

          =====

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
            While I like a few of his movies I didn't have a "preset" notion of
            what the character should look like that he played. He is to "full"
            of himself and "pretty". I didn't watch mission impossible because I
            didn't think he was right for the part but..... I will continue to
            plead with other fans on other sites to start voiceing their
            opinions. Clive Cussler should have to concide to "star power" to
            sell his ideas.

            Debbie

            <travelershome@y...> wrote:
            > deb
            >
            > i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
            > this site and asked the members to write to the
            > crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
            > do so as well.
            >
            > as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
            > so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
            > many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
            > it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
            > "star" power. it is the many himself.
            >
            > =====

            > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • travelershome
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
              i quite agree with your assessmentof tc. i encourage
              your continued voicing of your views about who should
              play dirk. they have already started preproduction
              or ratherstarted it just after all my mailings. i do
              not know where they are at this point/ i know some
              parts have been cast, but not the dirk part.

              gotta run--time to go to work. thanks for the mail

              pamela

              =====

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
                -I agree with you Pamala and Deb I just went to the web site voted
                and sent an e-mail voicing my concerns over them being stupid and
                casting a midget to play Dirk. If there was ever a part for him NOT
                to play its Dirk. I hope all CC fans voice your opinuon to Crusade
                you never know what might happen

                BABA

              • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                  Thank you I hope everyone who reads this does this also.

                  Debbie
                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                • hukkleberri <hukkleberri@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                    <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                    > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                    play
                    > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                    that
                    > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                    us
                    > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                    I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                    in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see any
                    movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                    will be Dirk.
                  • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                      Don't burst my bubble, I'm allowed to dream and believe ITS
                      Christmas!!!!! :D anyway I know this is true but it doesn't hurt
                      to let the "bean counters", as you put it, know that not everyone is
                      happy with this choice (if indeed he is cast). If you think he will
                      do fine great! but I don't think he's right and I will try to let
                      them know this!!

                      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "hukkleberri
                      <hukkleberri@y...>" <hukkleberri@y...> wrote:
                      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                      > <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                      > > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                      > play
                      > > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                      > that
                      > > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                      > us
                      > > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                      > I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                      > in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see
                      any
                      > movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                      > will be Dirk.
                    • Chris Hoekstra
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 21, 2003
                        A Dirk Pitt movie. YEAH!!! Fall 2004 Sahara the movie comes to
                        theaters. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                        d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405735

                        My only problem is who the picked for Dirk: Matthew McConaughey. I
                        just don't think Matthew McConaughey is Dirk Pitt. Visit
                        http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018907 to read up on
                        him.

                        I do think they picked Al right: Steve Zahn. He looks like Al is
                        described. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                        d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018972 to read up on him.

                        Can't wait for the movie! Loved the book.