Sahara the movie

  • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
      Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to play
      Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know that
      you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of us
      fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
        when i was told by a representative of clive's that
        hugh was who he wanted for the part, i wrote to all
        the hugh web sites and told them to go the the
        crusader site and vote for him. i even wrote to his
        agents in the usa, australia and in the uk. he had
        not yet signed up for the vampire killer movie he is
        now filming. i told him what this could do for his
        career- i voted at the crusader site myself many many
        times fir the man that clive wanted for dirk---all to
        no avail. i wonder if crusader cares one way of the
        other pamela shearheart

        =====

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
          I realize it is probably a pipe dream but Its Christmas time. LOL I
          know it probably won't really mean anything but maybe by actually
          emailing them and not just voting they will eventually listen. (let
          me have my fantasies....lol)

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
          <travelershome@y...> wrote:
          > when i was told by a representative of clive's that
          > hugh was who he wanted for the part, i wrote to all
          > the hugh web sites and told them to go the the
          > crusader site and vote for him. i even wrote to his
          > agents in the usa, australia and in the uk. he had
          > not yet signed up for the vampire killer movie he is
          > now filming. i told him what this could do for his
          > career- i voted at the crusader site myself many many
          > times fir the man that clive wanted for dirk---all to
          > no avail. i wonder if crusader cares one way of the
          > other pamela shearheart
          >
          > =====

          > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • travelershome
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
            i did that as well. i wrote to the man incharge in
            that area and he wrote back a one line message that he
            would keep my ideas in mind...or something to that
            effect. i even wrote to the local (Denver)
            billionaire who not only has a monetary interest in
            crusager film, but owns the regentcy theaters. i
            wrote to any and all i knew of, knew or had contacts
            through others via friends in the business in the la
            area. so it is jul but would any of them listen to
            me...nope of course i was on this crusade back in the
            summer. i had clives home address as he had written
            to me a few years ago and recently acquired his email
            address in AZ. he was very appreciative of my
            efforts, but hugh made his own decision to take the
            vamipire killer part. clive even held back filming to
            wait for hugh to finish X2, he took the other part.
            oh, well is all i can say.. he simply has no clue as
            to how popular these books are despite the fact that i
            mentioned how many of clive's books were on the ny
            best seller list, nor does he seem to realize the
            impact that this character could have on his career a
            combination of indiana jones and jack ryan . his
            loss

            pamela shearheart

            =====

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
              My dad used to say that if you don't want something you have to let
              someone know and often. So this is my thought behind doing this. to
              keep it up and maybe the right person will finally listen. but if we
              have to settle for TC maybe well be lucky and get a better one for
              the next movie. I hate having to "settle" because I feel that the
              character should be played by someone who would be believeable not
              just a "star".

              <travelershome@y...> wrote:
              > i did that as well. i wrote to the man incharge in
              > that area and he wrote back a one line message that he
              > would keep my ideas in mind...or something to that
              > effect. i even wrote to the local (Denver)
              > billionaire who not only has a monetary interest in
              > crusager film, but owns the regentcy theaters. i
              > wrote to any and all i knew of, knew or had contacts
              > through others via friends in the business in the la
              > area. so it is jul but would any of them listen to
              > me...nope of course i was on this crusade back in the
              > summer. i had clives home address as he had written
              > to me a few years ago and recently acquired his email
              > address in AZ. he was very appreciative of my
              > efforts, but hugh made his own decision to take the
              > vamipire killer part. clive even held back filming to
              > wait for hugh to finish X2, he took the other part.
              > oh, well is all i can say.. he simply has no clue as
              > to how popular these books are despite the fact that i
              > mentioned how many of clive's books were on the ny
              > best seller list, nor does he seem to realize the
              > impact that this character could have on his career a
              > combination of indiana jones and jack ryan . his
              > loss
              >
              > pamela shearheart
              >
              > =====

              > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • travelershome
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
                deb

                i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
                this site and asked the members to write to the
                crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
                do so as well.

                as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
                so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
                many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
                it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
                "star" power. it is the many himself.

                =====

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
                  While I like a few of his movies I didn't have a "preset" notion of
                  what the character should look like that he played. He is to "full"
                  of himself and "pretty". I didn't watch mission impossible because I
                  didn't think he was right for the part but..... I will continue to
                  plead with other fans on other sites to start voiceing their
                  opinions. Clive Cussler should have to concide to "star power" to
                  sell his ideas.

                  Debbie

                  <travelershome@y...> wrote:
                  > deb
                  >
                  > i quite agree about asking often. i wrote also to
                  > this site and asked the members to write to the
                  > crusader site. perhaps your asking will prompt them to
                  > do so as well.
                  >
                  > as for tc how much worse a choice could he be. he is
                  > so unbelievably unsuited to play this part--i have not
                  > many words for it. he is just SO not the right man.
                  > it is not just is appearance, his tiny size or his
                  > "star" power. it is the many himself.
                  >
                  > =====

                  > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                • travelershome
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
                    i quite agree with your assessmentof tc. i encourage
                    your continued voicing of your views about who should
                    play dirk. they have already started preproduction
                    or ratherstarted it just after all my mailings. i do
                    not know where they are at this point/ i know some
                    parts have been cast, but not the dirk part.

                    gotta run--time to go to work. thanks for the mail

                    pamela

                    =====

                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
                      -I agree with you Pamala and Deb I just went to the web site voted
                      and sent an e-mail voicing my concerns over them being stupid and
                      casting a midget to play Dirk. If there was ever a part for him NOT
                      to play its Dirk. I hope all CC fans voice your opinuon to Crusade
                      you never know what might happen

                      BABA

                    • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                        Thank you I hope everyone who reads this does this also.

                        Debbie
                        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76

                      • hukkleberri <hukkleberri@yahoo.com>
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                          <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                          > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                          play
                          > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                          that
                          > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                          us
                          > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                          I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                          in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see any
                          movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                          will be Dirk.
                        • Deb <fhockeyf@yahoo.com>
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                            Don't burst my bubble, I'm allowed to dream and believe ITS
                            Christmas!!!!! :D anyway I know this is true but it doesn't hurt
                            to let the "bean counters", as you put it, know that not everyone is
                            happy with this choice (if indeed he is cast). If you think he will
                            do fine great! but I don't think he's right and I will try to let
                            them know this!!

                            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "hukkleberri
                            <hukkleberri@y...>" <hukkleberri@y...> wrote:
                            > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deb <fhockeyf@y...>"
                            > <fhockeyf@y...> wrote:
                            > > Go to www.crusaderentertainment.com and vote for your choice to
                            > play
                            > > Pitt then go to the contact page and email them to let them know
                            > that
                            > > you don't agree with Tom Cruise playing Pitt. Maybe if enough of
                            > us
                            > > fans do this they may eventually listen!!!!
                            > I dont know much about "the Biz", but if the bean counters involved
                            > in the movie decide that there are more people who will go to see
                            any
                            > movie with Tom Cruise in it than there are Clive fans, Tom Cruise
                            > will be Dirk.
                          • Chris Hoekstra
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 21, 2003
                              A Dirk Pitt movie. YEAH!!! Fall 2004 Sahara the movie comes to
                              theaters. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                              d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405735

                              My only problem is who the picked for Dirk: Matthew McConaughey. I
                              just don't think Matthew McConaughey is Dirk Pitt. Visit
                              http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018907 to read up on
                              him.

                              I do think they picked Al right: Steve Zahn. He looks like Al is
                              described. Visit http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?
                              d=hc&cf=gen&id=1800018972 to read up on him.

                              Can't wait for the movie! Loved the book.