Dirk Pitt and Loren Smith candidates

  • courteney
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24 10:25 AM
      everyone is entitled to their opinionbut I take exception to the list subscriber who called Shannen Doherty and Tiffani Thiessen twits. Furthermore,anyone who has seen "JAWS 3" with Dennis Quaid and Bess Armstrong will understand why he would be all wrong as Dirk Pitt. Regarding the age of Loren Smith,perhaps you would prefer Faye Dunaway.have a nice day.

    • Todd Moody
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24 6:36 PM
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@y..., "courteney" <courteneycox@e...> wrote:
        > everyone is entitled to their opinionbut I take exception to the
        list subscriber who called Shannen Doherty and Tiffani Thiessen twits.
        Furthermore,anyone who has seen "JAWS 3" with Dennis Quaid and Bess
        Armstrong will understand why he would be all wrong as Dirk Pitt.

        I don't know enough about Doherty and Thiessen to call them twits, but
        they definitely are *kids*, and that's enough to rule them out for the
        role of Loren Smith. This character is not a kid; she's a veteran
        congresswoman. You can't cast a kid in that role. And you can't cast
        Julian McMahon as Pitt, for the same reason.

        As for Jaws 3, I don't see the relevance. For one thing, that was a
        *terrible* film, hardly a fair same of what Quaid can do. Moreover,
        it came out almost 20 years ago, when Quaid was basically a kid. He
        wouldn't have been right for the role then, but he's okay now.

        Incidentally, I have the same problem with Hugh Jackman as Pitt, as
        another poster suggested. I think he's still too young.