Dirk Pitt candidates

  • courteney
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2002
      I do not think Dennis Quaid has the proper overall appearance for Dirk Pitt,and as candidates for the following roles I would suggest: A}Dirk Pitt Julian McMahon B} Loren Smith either Shannen Doherty or Tiffani Thiessen

    • Todd Moody
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2002
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@y..., "courteney" <courteneycox@e...> wrote:
        > I do not think Dennis Quaid has the proper overall appearance for
        Dirk Pitt,and as candidates for the following roles I would suggest:
        A}Dirk Pitt Julian McMahon B} Loren Smith either Shannen Doherty or
        Tiffani Thiessen

        Well, I think we have a generational issue. Reading Cussler, I get an
        image of Pitt being in his mid-thirties, at least when in his prime.
        In the later books Cussler has him beginning to feel his age,
        presumably 40-something. An important part of his persona, in my
        view, is that he has "been around" and seen a lot. We read about the
        wrinkles around the eyes, and expect a somewhat seasoned,
        weatherbeaten look. Also, although he's supposed to be attractive,
        he's not strikingly "handsome" in a certain sense. Now to me Julian
        McMahon is just a kid, too young to be convincing as a seasoned
        adventurer. And he's too "pretty", too "movie-star" to fit the image,
        as I see it.

        I don't know how women see Dennis Quaid, but I don't think he's the
        too-handsome type myself. He has a bit of squint around the eyes and,
        of course, the smirk. He looks about the right age.

        For Loren Smith, I think the choice is obvious. It has to be somebody
        who can be sharp, intsense, and professional at one moment, and
        sensual the next moment: Michelle Pfeiffer. Doherty and Thiessen are
        too young to be convincing as a seasoned congresswoman.
      • travelershome
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2002
          shannon doherty and tiffian thiessen are TOO young and
          are twits. the senator is a woman and very
          intelligent. those two have never portrayed women,
          but onoly girls and have never portrayed women of
          depth , intellingence and strength which the senator
          is. pamela

          =====

          http://sbc.yahoo.com