Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2002
      that's right. sahara is supposed to be just one of a
      franchise of films from clive. this info was spoken
      of on the net last year when it was announced that
      paramount and crusader had joined with clive. clive
      has script and cast approval as well. i found much of
      this information on the net and also emailed a few
      times back and forth with him via his spokewoman about
      getting hugh on as dirk. i also wrote to all hugh fan
      clubs and asked all tpof them to vote for him and to
      crusader and to the part owner of crusader who lives
      nearby me in denver.pamela

      =====

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • mouselady1230
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2005
        My husband and I saw Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
        it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast! I
        expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
        even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
        Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
        made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I know,
        I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th grade
        English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)
      • a ma

          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2005
            couldn't agree with you more

            matt's directorial debut left much to be desired

            and casting himself as the 'dirk pitt'

            was his first big mistake

            the rest of the casting was iffy at best although the acting

            was good

            had it not been labeled 'a dirk pitt adventure' it would have been at
            least tolerable.

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, a ma <orinkni@y...> wrote:
            > I agree completely. When the previews came out I was disappointed
            at the actor that potrayed Al, I was evev more disappointed in the
            way Rudy Gunn was. It wasn't a bad movie, unless you read the book.

            > mouselady1230 <annehollingsworth@p...> wrote:My husband and I saw
            Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
            > it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast!
            > expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
            > even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
            > Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
            > made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I
            know,
            > I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th
            grade
            > English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)

            Service.