Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Sahara

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2002
      do you all know you can vote at:

      WWW.crusaderentertainment.com

      the production company that clive has chosen to make
      sahara for who you want to play dirk?

      hugh jackman hugh jackman hugh jackman!!!!!!! he's
      our MAN

      =====

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • danharrity
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2002
        I visited the site where you can vote for who plays Dirk Pitt (
        http://www.crusaderentertainment.com/ ) and it says:

        <i>"Who do you think should play the role of Dirk Pitt in the first
        installment of the series, SAHARA?"</i>

        Hello? Sahara is going to be a series in and of itself? Excuse me?
      • travelershome
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2002
          that's right. sahara is supposed to be just one of a
          franchise of films from clive. this info was spoken
          of on the net last year when it was announced that
          paramount and crusader had joined with clive. clive
          has script and cast approval as well. i found much of
          this information on the net and also emailed a few
          times back and forth with him via his spokewoman about
          getting hugh on as dirk. i also wrote to all hugh fan
          clubs and asked all tpof them to vote for him and to
          crusader and to the part owner of crusader who lives
          nearby me in denver.pamela

          =====

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • mouselady1230
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2005
            My husband and I saw Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
            it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast! I
            expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
            even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
            Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
            made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I know,
            I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th grade
            English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)
          • a ma

              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                couldn't agree with you more

                matt's directorial debut left much to be desired

                and casting himself as the 'dirk pitt'

                was his first big mistake

                the rest of the casting was iffy at best although the acting

                was good

                had it not been labeled 'a dirk pitt adventure' it would have been at
                least tolerable.

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, a ma <orinkni@y...> wrote:
                > I agree completely. When the previews came out I was disappointed
                at the actor that potrayed Al, I was evev more disappointed in the
                way Rudy Gunn was. It wasn't a bad movie, unless you read the book.

                > mouselady1230 <annehollingsworth@p...> wrote:My husband and I saw
                Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
                > it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast!
                > expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
                > even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
                > Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
                > made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I
                know,
                > I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th
                grade
                > English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)

                Service.