Re: Sahara

  • danharrity
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2002
      I lost all patience with Tom Cruise when he horned his way into the
      role of Lestat in Interview with the Vampire. How badly miscast could
      he have been? That would be like having Mini-me play the part of
      Kareem Abdul Jabar. Sting or Rutger Hauer would have been perfect,
      but in the end it's all about name-recognition, and Tom Cruise gets
      asses into theater seats. Still, it's terribly disappointing.

      I think they ought to cast the short chubby sidekick from Home
      Improvement as Giordano!
    • travelershome
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2002
        do you all know you can vote at:

        WWW.crusaderentertainment.com

        the production company that clive has chosen to make
        sahara for who you want to play dirk?

        hugh jackman hugh jackman hugh jackman!!!!!!! he's
        our MAN

        =====

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • danharrity
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2002
          I visited the site where you can vote for who plays Dirk Pitt (
          http://www.crusaderentertainment.com/ ) and it says:

          <i>"Who do you think should play the role of Dirk Pitt in the first
          installment of the series, SAHARA?"</i>

          Hello? Sahara is going to be a series in and of itself? Excuse me?
        • travelershome
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2002
            that's right. sahara is supposed to be just one of a
            franchise of films from clive. this info was spoken
            of on the net last year when it was announced that
            paramount and crusader had joined with clive. clive
            has script and cast approval as well. i found much of
            this information on the net and also emailed a few
            times back and forth with him via his spokewoman about
            getting hugh on as dirk. i also wrote to all hugh fan
            clubs and asked all tpof them to vote for him and to
            crusader and to the part owner of crusader who lives
            nearby me in denver.pamela

            =====

            http://finance.yahoo.com
          • mouselady1230
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2005
              My husband and I saw Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
              it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast! I
              expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
              even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
              Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
              made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I know,
              I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th grade
              English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)
            • a ma

                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                  couldn't agree with you more

                  matt's directorial debut left much to be desired

                  and casting himself as the 'dirk pitt'

                  was his first big mistake

                  the rest of the casting was iffy at best although the acting

                  was good

                  had it not been labeled 'a dirk pitt adventure' it would have been at
                  least tolerable.

                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, a ma <orinkni@y...> wrote:
                  > I agree completely. When the previews came out I was disappointed
                  at the actor that potrayed Al, I was evev more disappointed in the
                  way Rudy Gunn was. It wasn't a bad movie, unless you read the book.

                  > mouselady1230 <annehollingsworth@p...> wrote:My husband and I saw
                  Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
                  > it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast!
                  > expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
                  > even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
                  > Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
                  > made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I
                  know,
                  > I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th
                  grade
                  > English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)

                  Service.