Sahara

  • courteney
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2002
      the first actor to portray Dirk Pitt was the late Richard Jordan in "Raise The Titanic",and I agree that Hugh Jackman is a better choice than Tom Cruise.

    • danharrity
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2002
        I lost all patience with Tom Cruise when he horned his way into the
        role of Lestat in Interview with the Vampire. How badly miscast could
        he have been? That would be like having Mini-me play the part of
        Kareem Abdul Jabar. Sting or Rutger Hauer would have been perfect,
        but in the end it's all about name-recognition, and Tom Cruise gets
        asses into theater seats. Still, it's terribly disappointing.

        I think they ought to cast the short chubby sidekick from Home
        Improvement as Giordano!
      • travelershome
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2002
          do you all know you can vote at:

          WWW.crusaderentertainment.com

          the production company that clive has chosen to make
          sahara for who you want to play dirk?

          hugh jackman hugh jackman hugh jackman!!!!!!! he's
          our MAN

          =====

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • danharrity
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2002
            I visited the site where you can vote for who plays Dirk Pitt (
            http://www.crusaderentertainment.com/ ) and it says:

            <i>"Who do you think should play the role of Dirk Pitt in the first
            installment of the series, SAHARA?"</i>

            Hello? Sahara is going to be a series in and of itself? Excuse me?
          • travelershome
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 8, 2002
              that's right. sahara is supposed to be just one of a
              franchise of films from clive. this info was spoken
              of on the net last year when it was announced that
              paramount and crusader had joined with clive. clive
              has script and cast approval as well. i found much of
              this information on the net and also emailed a few
              times back and forth with him via his spokewoman about
              getting hugh on as dirk. i also wrote to all hugh fan
              clubs and asked all tpof them to vote for him and to
              crusader and to the part owner of crusader who lives
              nearby me in denver.pamela

              =====

              http://finance.yahoo.com
            • mouselady1230
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2005
                My husband and I saw Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
                it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast! I
                expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
                even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
                Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
                made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I know,
                I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th grade
                English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)
              • a ma

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3, 2005
                    couldn't agree with you more

                    matt's directorial debut left much to be desired

                    and casting himself as the 'dirk pitt'

                    was his first big mistake

                    the rest of the casting was iffy at best although the acting

                    was good

                    had it not been labeled 'a dirk pitt adventure' it would have been at
                    least tolerable.

                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, a ma <orinkni@y...> wrote:
                    > I agree completely. When the previews came out I was disappointed
                    at the actor that potrayed Al, I was evev more disappointed in the
                    way Rudy Gunn was. It wasn't a bad movie, unless you read the book.

                    > mouselady1230 <annehollingsworth@p...> wrote:My husband and I saw
                    Sahara over the weekend and while we both enjoyed
                    > it, I thought the character who play Al Giordino was way miscast!
                    > expected someone who would actually look like Al; this guy was not
                    > even close. I think Matthew Mc. was a pretty good Dirk and William
                    > Macy did a good job as the Admiral and if any more movies are being
                    > made, then they both should have their careers taken care of. (I
                    know,
                    > I'm not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition and my 4th
                    grade
                    > English teacher, Sister St. Kevin, would be getting out her ruler!)

                    Service.